OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Nice to see the defense bail Kuhl out a little bit. I'll certainly take a mediocre start like this from him in Coors. While it'd be nice to squeeze an extra inning out of him and maybe pinch hit, there's no sense in doing that. Maybe an outside shot that we'll get a huge rally here in the sixth and be able to pinch hit for him.

Damn, Bell needs to hammer this guy again. That looked like it was thrown at Cutch.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Kuhl should throw it at him again. Cargo is an overrated little ***** made out of glass.

Kuhl would probably be suspended, but do it again and don't miss.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Honestly it's a lot of sideshow nonsense, but what did he expect? I want to see another pitch at him for entertainment value.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
So now the problem is that this has Kuhl really amped up, and missing the zone. Gotta go get him right now or this is going to be 8-2 in 5 minutes.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
If Kuhl can just get through this inning without any more runs, he'll have vastly exceeded my expectations.

Yeah, big props to Kuhl. 6 IP and only 4 runs is fine from your fifth starter in most situations, especially at Coors. He didn't have his best stuff all game either.

The bottom of the lineup has looked terrible all game. Weak or no contact from basically everyone. It'd be nice to get some guys on base and turn the lineup over this inning.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Yeah wasn't the prettiest but the results are ok, but this offense has gone cold against Marquez. Have to find a way to rally but getting nowhere right now.

Such a promising start, but nothing since outside of Bell's solo shot. Only 3 hits total and none from spots 5-9. Flailing at the off-speed stuff way too much. 9 K's and a lot of ugly pitches for strike 3.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Really bad showing there, but probably just as well to have a fresh inning for the top of the order. Maybe they'll stick with Marquez, or turn to the bullpen. The non-Holland options in the pen are all pretty shaky. Need a 0 from the bullpen here... not a ton to say about this one other than the offense has left much to be desired. The only solid ABs have come from Cutch and Bell, who will only bat in the 8th if some guys get on.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
That's probably going to do it. Not much you can do about a great play by Arenado to get his struggling pitcher two outs. I actually liked the Bell vs Holland matchup, but he just got under it.

I can't see Freese-Jaso-Cervelli rallying. Can't win all of them, and the magic was eventually going to wear off. Milwaukee just scored to go back ahead of the Phillies, but we just need to stay focused on trying to win a big road series tomorrow.

Big takeaway from this for me are that we definitely need to explore a 3B option, because Freese is just not going to cut it as an every day player. I'd like to see Frazier or Moroff used more liberally at 2B, although I can understand the hesitancy to have Frazier's glove in the infield too often.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
That's probably going to do it. Not much you can do about a great play by Arenado to get his struggling pitcher two outs. I actually liked the Bell vs Holland matchup, but he just got under it.

I can't see Freese-Jaso-Cervelli rallying. Can't win all of them, and the magic was eventually going to wear off. Milwaukee just scored to go back ahead of the Phillies, but we just need to stay focused on trying to win a big road series tomorrow.

Big takeaway from this for me are that we definitely need to explore a 3B option, because Freese is just not going to cut it as an every day player. I'd like to see Frazier or Moroff used more liberally at 2B, although I can understand the hesitancy to have Frazier's glove in the infield too often.

There's a 3B with nice power that can hit in the middle of the lineup over in South Korea. Get that man a Visa. :shakehead

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Brault doing my fantasy team a solid at least, by putting this out of a save situation for Holland, who I am facing in a close matchup this week.

Offense has gotta be better tomorrow, but Freeland is probably better than Marquez, who just pitched a good game. We need a good game from Nova, and this is where this team really gets a little bit of a test. Not a must-win, but certainly want to take this one in order to hang right in the vicinity of the division.

Brewers won, so we'll be back to 3 back.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Brault doing my fantasy team a solid at least, by putting this out of a save situation for Holland, who I am facing in a close matchup this week.

Offense has gotta be better tomorrow, but Freeland is probably better than Marquez, who just pitched a good game. We need a good game from Nova, and this is where this team really gets a little bit of a test. Not a must-win, but certainly want to take this one in order to hang right in the vicinity of the division.

Brewers won, so we'll be back to 3 back.

I don't know much about either pitcher, but Marquez has significantly better peripheral stats than Freeland. Scouting reports paint Freeland as a command guy with an average/fringy 4 pitch mix, whereas Marquez has two potentially plus pitches but was typically thought of as a future reliever. I certainly hope we're able to hit a guy with a 5.62 k/9 and extremely poor BB:K ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad