OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: The Last Day(s) of Cutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
Andrew McCutchen is absolute ****. In other news, the sky is blue and the grass is green.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I've had some games from last week on DVR, so I've been staying up the past couple nights with my newborn skimming them. I had to turn them off and delete the ones I haven't watched, I couldn't take it anymore.

I feel guilty kind of ignoring the team lately, but it might be for the best. I can be fresh and ready to go for spring training after 4 straight years of missing almost no games.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
The Pirates have the bases loaded with nobody out. They immediately follow with a strikeout, strikeout and a infield popup.

In other news, the sky is blue and the grass is green.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Watching this team right now only offers grief, and just simply isn't enjoyable.

Another bases loaded situation, another 0 runs scored result.

There's part of me that thinks we need this disastrous run to enforce some actual change this off-season...but that doesn't make watching this **** any less of a painful chore. Thankfully there's so much else going on right now that the Bucs aren't the only thing to pay attention to right now...

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
What a pathetic team. So the benches are expanded, you're down by 5, and you leave Vogelsong in to hit with the bases loaded and one out. **** off Hurdle.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The saddest thing about that is that I can see why Hurdle kept Vogelsong in the game...even with the rosters expanded we've been using the bullpen excessively to the point where our mop-up guys have got to be exhausted and need a day or two off.

So naturally Vogelsong does his best Vogelsong impersonation today and is giving us nothing to work with. Nova seems to be the only pitcher capable of giving us 6 innings every 5 days right now.

Bell's defense is also bad in the outfield. Groan.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
With the way Cole has had injuries this season I wouldn't pitch him the rest of the way. They aren't making the playoffs anyway. Look at what happened with Strasburg. Let him get completely healed up and get after it next season.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Pirates loaded the bases with no outs and didn't score. Atleast the Steelers kick tomorrow night.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The saddest thing about that is that I can see why Hurdle kept Vogelsong in the game...even with the rosters expanded we've been using the bullpen excessively to the point where our mop-up guys have got to be exhausted and need a day or two off.

So naturally Vogelsong does his best Vogelsong impersonation today and is giving us nothing to work with.

Yeah, other than Nova the starting pitchers aren't provided any innings and they are wearing out the bullpen.

Watching this team is like watching the Penguins at the beginning of last season. It's just not fun.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I've had some games from last week on DVR, so I've been staying up the past couple nights with my newborn skimming them. I had to turn them off and delete the ones I haven't watched, I couldn't take it anymore.

I feel guilty kind of ignoring the team lately, but it might be for the best. I can be fresh and ready to go for spring training after 4 straight years of missing almost no games.

The thing that got me to quit watching was when I realized I was happier with a loss. Sure, it's practical to want the best possible draft pick if you know your team isn't contending, but it still felt dirty.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I can't even root for a better draft pick because the baseball draft is such a crapshoot...but the odds of finding another Meadows is much higher picking around #11 than #21, at least.

There is just no joy involved with this team. They're not fun to watch, and they're not having fun playing. This is one of the worst stretches of baseball I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot considering my earliest baseball memories are from 1993. The blame can be spread all over the place...about the only one immune to it right now is Nova, which is nice and all, but simultaneously feels bad because it feels like we're wasting a big rental hit. Even if we retain him it's not fair to expect this from him going forward, he's a hot pitcher right now, this stretch of his really isn't sustainable. On the bright side, this level of suck by almost everyone else also isn't sustainable.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Pictured below, Nova after the deadline

latest

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Stewart to the 60 day DL for his knee and Stallings called up.

Cole to the 60 day DL with right elbow posterior inflammation.

Pirates acquire Wade LeBlanc from Mariners for cash.

They should've just shut Cole down for the year before letting him pitch last night. Why risk further damage.

Last edited:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Brilliant decision to pitch Cole again. ****ing morons. I wanted them just to shut him down. Pointless for him to risk injury when the season is over.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

I didn't watch the game but hey look Sofield made another dumb decision apparently. What a surprise.

There is no way they should bring this guy back to be their third base coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad