OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Polanco likes to fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Glasnow will be 40 by the time the bucs decide to cal him up. Becuase hes "not ready"

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Kang looked horrible in his ab. He does not play well when he sits a few times a week. He needs to play much more frequently.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
So youre saying locke or morton are better options RN

Locke and Morton are below average pitchers, but they are known commodities. Glasnow is an unknown at the ml level and the Pirates don't seem to think he is ready.

I counter with this question: Are you saying Glasnow is a better option? If so, how do you figure? Have you watched him play a bunch? Are you a professional scout?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Kang looked horrible in his ab. He does not play well when he sits a few times a week. He needs to play much more frequently.

I think he needs to be the everyday 3B with Ramirez slotting in a game or two a week, and Kang sliding over to SS during those games. Ramirez isn't an everyday player at this point with the other options we have.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Locke and Morton are below average pitchers, but they are known commodities. Glasnow is an unknown at the ml level and the Pirates don't seem to think he is ready.

I counter with this question: Are you saying Glasnow is a better option? If so, how do you figure? Have you watched him play a bunch? Are you a professional scout?

Anyone is better than locke or morton

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Anyone is better than locke or morton

There are worse pitchers in the major leagues and there are certainly worse pitchers who have never pitched at the major league level.

If Glasnow would be an instant upgrade and is indeed ready, then why have the Bucs not called him up yet?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'd get Cole out of the game, the game is most likely over, don't waste his arm on meaningless innings.

You just brought up Liz, use him to finish the game.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This guy has to be trolling, given Glasnow's inability to even go one inning tonight.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah I'd give Cole a rest at this point. **** happens. He's been a ****ing beast this year but tonight just didn't go his way. Happens in every sport, every league, every level. Defense didn't help earlier, either. Thought Kang threw a bad ball to Pedro that Pedro easily still could have saved us. Couple rollers that made it through.

Oh well. It happens. Would rather see Cole rest on this one.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
One bad start
His first two starts in Indianapolis yielded 12 hits and 7 walks.

Glasnow has things that need sorting out, and that can't be sorted out while pitching to Major League hitters in the midst of a pennant race. His control is a major issue. He needs a full spring in Major League camp.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Cole hasn't thrown a ton of pitches. Unless they put up like 3-4 more runs in an inning, might as well let him get closer to 90 pitches /5 or 6 innings and see if there's a situation where it will make sense to pinch hit for him.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^^ Things I've learned.. hockey fans like to equate hockey prospects to baseball prospects. Baseball prospects develop. They take their time and develop. If someone is promising in the minors, people are screaming for them to come up immediately because they are so used to seeing that in other sports.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Yeah, uh Marte. If you could remember how to hit, that would be great.

Office-space-boss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad