OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Polanco likes to fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Opportunity to sweep a 2nd first-place team in 2 weekends. Good ****.

Just for some perspective - team is currently 22 games over .500 and no one gives a **** about that. Hard to believe compared to just 2 years ago.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Blanton came up big tonight. Not only did he stop the Mets, he did so in convincing fashion. Great to get a performance like that in extras from your long reliever.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Great job from the pen tonight. Blanton with six strikeouts in three innings.

Yeah, Morton gave up two long balls but I will take tonight's performance any time from him. He pitched well.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
No matter what happens today its been a great road trip, the bullpen has been lights out.

We need innings out of Locke today, Melancon Watson Soria and Blanton probably aren't available today, i wonder if the Pirates call up somebody to help the bullpen today.

Are the Cubs ever going to lose again? This division is just brutal.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Huntington has reached out to Travis Snider and there is some interest.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
You just cost the starting pitcher 10 pitches after 2 games where the bullpen put in a lot of innings. Well done Rammer.:rant:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Florimon called out on a ball. I wouldn't really mind except it prevented the Bucs from turning over their lineup.

And Locke gives the run right back.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good to see Pedro get that blast. I still cannot believe there is zero urgency or accountabilityin ARam's game. Absolutely garbage.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Good to see Pedro get that blast. I still cannot believe there is zero urgency or accountabilityin ARam's game. Absolutely garbage.

I'm not throwing out a "cut Craig Adams" post here, I honestly don't know the answer. When Josh Harrison and Jordy Mercer get healthy what happens to the infield? I'd like to think Kang goes to third on a regular bases and Mercer plays SS which leaves Ramireaz available to be put up for adoption, but I guess I just don't know.

Harrison gives random days off and maybe platoon with Polanco, but not the way Polanco is hitting right now.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Idiotic for someone to give the .190 batting Ish the green light on a 3-1 count. Take the ****ing pitch. :laugh:

Sadly Ramirez is here until the end of the season. I just hate the guy's effort.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Idiotic for someone to give the .190 batting Ish the green light on a 3-1 count. Take the ****ing pitch. :laugh:

Sadly Ramirez is here until the end of the season. I just hate the guy's effort.

Cole, unless it's a pitcher, you always give guys a green light on 3-1.

When Harrison and Mercer get back, I'd have Harrison platoon with Walker at 2nd while also filling in when and where he is needed. I'd have Mercer as starting ss and I'd relegate Ramirez to backup 3rd baseman behind Kang.

Unfortunately, the way Clint is using his players I think what will actually happen is that Ramirez will remain the starting 3rd baseman, Mercer will be starting ss again, Kang will be the backup ss/3rd baseman, and Walker will still be in the lineup against lefties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad