OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Polanco likes to fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
In 4 innings, Kang has already scored a quarter as many runs as the whole team scored in 4 games with him out of the lineup last week.:)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
In the future, without ARam, I'd rather see him full time at 3rd. I think he's strong on defense at 3rd and makes great throws. THere are a few plays at SS that have looked awkward this year, but i'm sure that's the same for any SS.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
In the first game of this week, Kang by himself has already scored half as many runs as the entire team scored without him in 4 games last week.:yo:

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
His ERA was misleadingly low as runs were still coming thick and fast while he was on the mound in his first few starts. Yes, they came as a result of fielding errors - one from Hanson and one from Keon Broxton - and as such weren't charged as Earned Runs, but Glasnow is the one who stacked the bases in the first place by surrendering two-out hits and/or walking everyone.

Even with that said, a pitchers ERA after what, six starts, is a meaningless sample size. I mean, this six run, 0.1 innings performance from him tonight has ballooned his ERA from 0.81 to 2.41.

Last edited:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Watching Hurdle talking to the media. One guy asked him if Ramirez and Kang hitting well will mean both will be in the lineup more often (a polite and professional way of asking why Mercer has been starting so damn much). His answer was basically that there are a lot of factors that are considered. He says he needs the team to be able to play defense as well as hit. He adds that the opposing pitcher is a factor as well. I've got a few problems with this explanation.

1.) If Hurdle wants Mercer in for his defense, then how does he not play Kang at 3rd in those games? It's clear that Aramis is a poor fielder and Kang has been excellent defensively at 3rd. You can't say you are making decisions with defense in mind while keeping an excellent defender on the bench in favor of a poor defender. Also he has no issue playing woat defender Pedro Alvarez every day for his bat.

2.) The opposing pitcher is a factor? I assume this is Hurdle's way of saying he doesn't want to play Kang vs. a lefty. Kang has not been as good against lefties this year, but his numbers against lefties are still better than Mercer's. It's also important to note that Kang has only had 80 ab's vs. lefties this year, that is a small sample. In his kbo career, his production was about equal against both lefties and righties.

3.) This all stinks of Hurdle looking for excuses to play Mercer because he likes him. I guess that's just the type of guy Hurdle is.

In other news, the useless ****ing Nats blew a 4 run lead and just got walked off by the Cards. Remember early in the year when they thought they were the **** and the team to beat in the nl? ****ing losers.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The Cards continue to make no sense. Don't get me wrong, they are very good even with their injuries. That being said, they are on pace for one of the highest win totals of the last 2 decades. I just saw Al Leiter on mlb network. He was talking about how their record is so much better than it should be based off their roster.

And every player they call up from the minors plays like a star. Stephen Piscotti's current numbers in the major leagues are better than any year he had in the minors aside from some time he played in the ****ing Arizona Fall League. All of their pitchers are lights out. Grinchuk at least was a highly regarded prospect but still, boom, instant star. Heyward is playing as well as he has since his rookie year in Atlanta. If you looked at their current roster just a year ago you'd be asking yourself "who the **** are these guys?".

I'm not a particularly religious person. Even so, I can only conclude that god wants the Cardinals to win. Nothing else explains what is happening to them this year.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Hes ready, his ERA before this start was under 1, ill take my chancee with glasnow instead of locke and morton.

1.45 WHIP and his walks per 9 have more than doubled... he's not ready. Putting guys on base isn't a recipe for success at any level.

Glasnow is not happening this season. Stop trying to make him happen.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
CArds are having the best season a team has had since the late 90's. sucks to be behind them.

On a non related note, why are the pirates forcing Cervelli on Cole... he pitches terrible with Cervelli calling him. Id rather Stewart be in there when Cole pitches. he knows how to keep him on point. A .280 hitter isnt bad at all. its not that steep a drop off between the two and its not like Cervelli is a defensive stallwart or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad