OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Playoffs? Playoffs?! PLAYOFFS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier Laflamme*

I'm worried, i'l be pissed if Frankie or Cole aren't starting that game.

I said this before and i'l say it again, just because you don't pitch Frankie or Cole against Cincy doesn't mean you can't still win these games at Cincy.

Hurdle has to know that hill be ****ing crucified if he doesn't start one of those 2 guys. I have to imagine he has Vance or Cumpton ready to go for a spot start if need be.

Xavier Laflamme*

I do remember Cumpton pitching a gem last year against Cinci too en-route to that season finale sweep. He's not a bad option to toss out there.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hurdle has to know that hill be ****ing crucified if he doesn't start one of those 2 guys. I have to imagine he has Vance or Cumpton ready to go for a spot start if need be.

Yeah.

I always try to look at things from an opponents view.

If your the giants or a giants fan what do you want? You know they are hoping the Pirates start Frankie and Cole against the reds so they don't have to face them in the wildcard game.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Absolutely, the upside of Frankie or Cole in 1 of those games vs a Cumpton isn't enough, esp if it isn't on Sunday when we are playing 1 game to win the division. All these things suck for my big fantasy league (I have Bumgarner, Cole, Liriano, along with Roark, Kuechel, McHugh) who could all be shut down, but from a Bucco perspective, it makes no sense to blindly pitch both those guys this weekend right now. Esp Saturday when we don't have Cueto on the other side, we can steal that game without our top 2, take a shot and see where we are and then worst case you are set up for the WC game.

Xavier Laflamme*

If Volquez keeps pitching like Cy young then, hell, I'll give him game 7 of the World Series...

Xavier Laflamme*

What the hell was Heyward thinking there, lol. He's a stud defensive outfielder too. He would have had J-Hay thrown out by a mile. Heads up on Harrison's part though. Would have been a head scratcher if he'd have been thrown out there though.

Xavier Laflamme*

https://twitter.com/CSNBaggs/status/515287473824751616

Bochy also made it clear he won't pitch Bumgarner in Sunday's finale even if it means winning home field for wildcard game.

Not really breaking news, but i guess its official now that Bumgarner will start the wildcard game.

I agree with Bochy's thinking. I'd rather have Cole or Liriano pitching away at San Fran opposed to Volquez/Locke/Worley pitching at home.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'd have no problem with Volquez getting the ball in the wild card game. He's earned the right to with how he's pitched this year, especially over the past month. He'll walk a few but otherwise has been lights out. If we can win tonight, we're 1 game back with 3 to play for the division. I have no problems with Hurdle throwing the best guys out there for the first 2 games vs Cincy. We will need to sweep Cincy to have a shot IMO.

Xavier Laflamme*

I'd have no problem with Volquez getting the ball in the wild card game. He's earned the right to with how he's pitched this year, especially over the past month. He'll walk a few but otherwise has been lights out. If we can win tonight, we're 1 game back with 3 to play for the division. I have no problems with Hurdle throwing the best guys out there for the first 2 games vs Cincy. We will need to sweep Cincy to have a shot IMO.

Yeah it don't like Arizona's chances of taking 2 of 3 against the Cards but stranger things have happened I guess.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Braves about to get out of a bases loaded, no outs jam and they throw a wild pitch. Ha.

Edit: And Marte delivers the coup de grace, 6-0 Bucs.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
If this is the version of Volquez we can get heading into the postseason, i'm feeling even better. He's been dominant tonight.

Finally saw a few big hits, in key spots and the offense woke up.

Xavier Laflamme*

That's huge for Walker. He's been dog balls lately. He needed that.

About to take 3 of 4 from Atlanta, who always have our number. Beating them 10-0 to end the series tonight is awesome.

Xavier Laflamme*

Who needs martin when you have Chris Stewart!!!

Seriously though..batting .500 against lefties this year..I don't even care is its in limited at bats..that's impressive.

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
Bit off-topic but Derek Jeter just won the game for NY via walk-off base hit. Tuned in when they mentioned it on Root as being his last home game. Much respect for that dude, awesome ending.

Edit: Oh yeah Buccomania is alive and well :D :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad