OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Playoffs? Playoffs?! PLAYOFFS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome.

Ranting.gif

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
Yeah this blows, but hey! I don't think this can continue for much longer. Hurdle and Cutch will settle this team down hopefully. The only thing that really sucks is that we pick to have our cold streak against a team that we can actively take points away from in the wild-card race.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pirates have a nice lineup, but baseball is all about pitching.

If you go back and look at all the teams that made the playoffs your not going to find many playoff teams that have an average at best starting pitching staff with a terrible bullpen.

Xavier Laflamme*

Pirates have a nice lineup, but baseball is all about pitching.

If you go back and look at all the teams that made the playoffs your not going to find many playoff teams that have an average at best starting pitching staff with a terrible bullpen.

Agreed. As a fan, we have to bank on Cole, Taillon, Glassnow and Kingham panning out as above average starting pitchers if we want to have any hope at being serious contenders. We're not going to get there by picking up reclamation projects and waiver pickups...god knows we're not going to pick up a stud in UFA.

The only other way is to trade out of our glut of potential having prospects and land an effective starting pitcher that is signed for a few seasons, but how many of those guys are really made available???

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
It's time to at least win a game, or show up for a game. I'm skeptical that a collapse is upon us, but between the Nationals series and the two efforts this week by the starters, this is turning into a definite **** show. Worley does deserve some credit for locking it down, but both he and Liriano directly lost us games this week.

Country Mac

Violent Gents Unite
Apr 7, 2014
San Diego, CA
How the **** do you get picked off that badly. You just hit a double on the first pitch of the game, why are you so ****ing far off the base? Jesus Christ, this team. :help:

Excellent at bat for Stewie. Hopefully we can bring in Lunchbox too.

FINALLY a win lol

Last edited:

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
remarkable what a strange confluence of events it took for the bucs to get last night's W

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm not saying anything any of us don't know, but this is a massive series and things don't look good: Locke vs Gallardo, Volquez vs Peralta, and Worley vs Fiers, who is absolutely lights out right now and has dominated us before (as have the other two).

This would be a good weekend for beast-mode McCutchen, otherwise it's hard to think we have a prayer of winning 2/3.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I'm not saying anything any of us don't know, but this is a massive series and things don't look good: Locke vs Gallardo, Volquez vs Peralta, and Worley vs Fiers, who is absolutely lights out right now and has dominated us before (as have the other two).

This would be a good weekend for beast-mode McCutchen, otherwise it's hard to think we have a prayer of winning 2/3.

Yeah this doesn't look like the best series to catch our equilibrium, but we have no choice. And those matchups look daunting. I really don't expect us to win a single game. I desperately hope I am wrong. Cause we need to win this seriet.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, I also don't expect to win any of these games.

Milwaukee can really put a nail in the divisional race this weekend--that's gotta be what they are thinking. On the other hand this is basically a must-win series for us, and even though it would be a huge momentum boost and set us up for a showdown with the Cardinals during which both Cole and Liriano are up, things won't get any easier.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Huge break to keep the Brewers off the board there. If Locke can dance his way through this lineup one more time unscathed, it will definitely be a very nice start for him. He's not at his best tonight, but he's basically shut it down since the first inning.

Gallardo looks really bad. Hopefully with 3-4-5 coming up, we can tack on a couple more here.

It would be massive to win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad