OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: More of the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Searage really needs to earn his paycheck and help Archer fix his fastball. That slider is nasty, but I don't see how anybody could be comfortable with Archer relying on it to such an absurd extent.

Love the mental composure to get out of that jam, though.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Mercer needs to get on. Archer batting for the last out and having to go right back out there isnt ideal.

Harrison needs to start coming thru. We are in a playoff race. He used to be a guy who stepped up

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Newman/Kramer still waiting to take over for Mercer/Harrison.

Guarantee they will look better when striking out.

Those 2 did no favor for Archer. Up to him now to have a clean(er) inning and settle down.

Reactions: domaug

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Haha..guy has thick skin thats for sure.

We've seen too many pitchers collapse in these types of situations.

Great to have personalities like Musgrove, Archer, Kela, etc. Who we just added this year.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Dudes got swagger.

He's getting himself out of jams which is great. Throwing a lot of pitches doing it though.

On one hand its his first game, but on the other this has been the book on him. Will K alot , but lets up too many hits and HRs, while throwing alot of pitches.

Hopefully that doesnt remain the case. Especially with him already being 30 in Sept. We have him at age 30-33. His velocity will drop and so will the Ks if he doesnt improve in other areas. I think he will but it would have been nice to get him a little younger.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Lol bad chase, Polanco def wants his 20th of the year.

Just single em in.

Ill take the sac fly over the K.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Does Gant have the slowest windup in the league, or is gameday just lagging?

We will see what Mercer/Harrison do their 2nd time up but Gant really hasnt even come close to striking out anyone else but them. And made it look easy. The rest of the lineup(ignoring Archer) has had his number.

Ok Harrison.

And Cervelli is officially back. Took him a minute. Marte's best game since his injury as well.

Keep piling on the runs and wear down that pen, which is already weak.

I want the sweep.

As long as Hurdle doesnt start SRod sunday. With Frazier hitting like this we may avoid SRod this weekend.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I know Kingham letting up 4 in the first throws off the bats but cant tell me this isnt the best possible lineup with Dickerson and Bell out. And what we should have seen on Wed.

NH must have had a talk with Hurdle. He didnt go out and get Archer and Kela for hin to start SRod and Osuna. Even Luplow. And especially not all 3 at once.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Stat line sucks for sure this game for him. He looked good at times, but this was a rough one.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Archer got screwed by ump and mercer but time to get him out. Fowler had one hit in last 20 abs and has 2 tonight.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
the ump does not like Archer. solid but not great start from Archer though. had some bad innings but kept it close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad