OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Apollo, you wanna to ring the Bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Sure, but that's hard to do when you're moving a SP. That'd be like the Pirates trading Williams to fill a need at catcher.
They would be using their strength though right now Martin Bauer’s former pirate and mercerdo are roaming the OF. Clevenger Bauers are still on the roster

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
They would be using their strength though right now Martin Bauer’s former pirate and mercerdo are roaming the OF. Clevenger Bauers are still on the roster

Why would they trade one of their best players when making moves to improve for a World Series run?

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Why would they trade one of their best players when making moves to improve for a World Series run?
Cause the only way they are going to improve their offense is to trade pitchers right now they are 10 games back of the division if they can’t get that down by July they are going to pinch pennies to fix the offense

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Cause the only way they are going to improve their offense is to trade pitchers right now they are 10 games back of the division if they can’t get that down by July they are going to pinch pennies to fix the offense

Improving the offense while weakening the pitching is likely not a net positive or if it is, it's a very small net gain, which is not what they'd be after.

If the Indians are going to make a move for a player like Marte, they're going to want to retain their best talent whilst acquiring him, which would mean moving prospects.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Imagine being such a loser manager that you try to start **** in a game that you're losing 7-0 because one of your players got hit in the hand.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Imagine being such a loser manager that you try to start **** in a game that you're losing 7-0 because one of your players got hit in the hand.
Their play by play guys called for Bell to be beamed can’t hit the guy who threw at you you throw at teams best player

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh

Their manager is a f***ing IDIOT. So it’s okay for your team to hit Cabrera and Frazier, but god forbid Holmes (and his AMAZING control :eyeroll:) hits a Red. The Reds are one of THE most arrogant piece of shit last place teams I’ve ever seen.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Their manager is a ****ing IDIOT. So it’s okay for your team to hit Cabrera and Frazier, but god forbid Holmes (and his AMAZING control :eyeroll:) hits a Red. The Reds are one of THE most arrogant piece of **** last place teams I’ve ever seen.

It would be cool as **** if MLB moved to having goons as the NHL moved away from it.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
There radio play by play was convinced that it was on purpose cause of Holmes control all game even though he pointed out Holmes has hit 3 batters this year and they wanted J bell to wear one

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
In hockey you will hear people say a team is another teams head.

That's kind of what this feels like.

Maybe the Reds should be more concerned about beating the Pirates on the scoreboard rather then worrying about players getting thrown at.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I cannot wait to see Josh Bell live in July. He is having quite the year. Hopefully they can overcome all the injuries.

This is a big stretch coming up. 14 straight games against Brewers and Braves. We were good against Mil last year but went 1-6 against the Braves.

If we can go 9-5 then we will stay in the race heading into July. With 5 games against the Marlins/Tigers right after...that should help the cause.

Hopefully Brault's good game leads to some success...with him and maybe giving some others confidence they can do the same. We needed one of those guys to step up and Brault was the first. These next 2 weeks wont be easy.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
This is a big stretch coming up. 14 straight games against Brewers and Braves. We were good against Mil last year but went 1-6 against the Braves.

If we can go 9-5 then we will stay in the race heading into July. With 5 games against the Marlins/Tigers right after...that should help the cause.

Hopefully Brault's good game leads to some success...with him and maybe giving some others confidence they can do the same. We needed one of those guys to step up and Brault was the first. These next 2 weeks wont be easy.

9-5 seems a bit ambitious. 7-7 would be fine.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Agrazal threw 6 scoreless tonight. ERA sitting at 2.17.

DuRapau also threw 2 scoreless. AAA ERA at 0.55. Why was he went down, again? He a couple rough days but he's been one of their better relievers.

Dickerson 1-4. Avg. at .176 after 3 or 4 games.

Kang 1-3. 1 RBI, 1 BB. Hitting .500 after 3 or 4 games as well.

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Just as we all figured before the series, we got the split on the backs of Kingham and Brault. Really, they both did pitch well, even if there were some worrying signs when their pitch counts got up. I want to see Keller back in the rotation, but I'm not sure it's quite at the level of wanting Kingham and Brault to do poorly. Even if they can just cobble together 2-3 more decent starts each, that's a huge boost at a key time.

Getting the extra game in this series would have taken some of the sting out of the awful homestand, but we're still doing just enough to keep pace, and that's ultimately all that matters. Here's my half-hearted attempt at both measured optimism and some caveats: some are making a big stink about the run differential, but I think that it, combined with some of the truly dreadful pitching that we've seen, are really more distractions than anything else. I don't know how much run differential is a predictive stat on its own, especially when we are trotting out the kind of pitching we have.

With that said, I still think, even with a fully healthy roster, we'd be on pace for about the same results. It's really hard to say, given how many variables enter into the equation, but I think the obvious is that the offensive production from the non-Bell IFs is abysmal. Newman needs to be playing every day and leading off, I'm 100% on that train for now. Frazier is doing absolutely nothing to deserve that spot, even if his defense seems to have become adequate.

In any case, I'll do a post-mortem on the last 10 game stretch very soon, but it basically writes itself, and we all know that this next stretch of games vs the Brewers and Braves will basically set the course for any possible trade deadline acquisitions/sell-offs. It's possible that we're catching the Brewers at a good time: they haven't won a series since 5/6-5/8 vs. the Nationals. For starters, we need Musgrove and especially Archer to step the f*** up and set the tone for the season series in these first two games. Leave the Reds and this BS drama in the basement.

Reactions: td_ice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad