Signing(s): Raiders hire Dave Ziegler as GM & Josh McDaniels as head coach

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Alright fellow Pats fan, the good and bad of McDaniels. Let’s hear it.
My biggest issue with McD this past season was the atrocious play-calling. At one point during the season it came out that even his wife called him out on it.

His inability to properly get Jonnu involved was also infuriating. To go out and sign 2 of the best TE FAs to only use the 12 formation 18% of the time is ridiculous.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Or Art Shell 2.0 or Dennis Allen or Tom Cable (hope he dumps that guy) or Hue Jackson.
was jackson really that bad of a coach? didn't they go 8-8 in his season there and nearly sneak into the playoffs? same with cable

shell was a dinosaur who was completely out of touch with the NFL in 2006, but that team's offense was one of the worst i've ever seen since i started watching the NFL

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
was jackson really that bad of a coach? didn't they go 8-8 in his season there and nearly sneak into the playoffs? same with cable
Worse GM during that strange power vacuum.

If we're talking bad Raider coaches how can we overlook Bill Callahan and his rank negligence not even changing the audibles when facing their previous coach?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
McDaniels?

el-risitas-happy.gif

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
As is Saban. But the haters don’t want to admit that. Saban credits Bill for getting him his first NFL DC job and Saban was Bills first hire in Cleveland… but but but but all of Bills coaches are failures.
Maybe his coordinator's should concentrated on college gigs then.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
As is Saban. But the haters don’t want to admit that. Saban credits Bill for getting him his first NFL DC job and Saban was Bills first hire in Cleveland… but but but but all of Bills coaches are failures.
And e dont even know Saban is a bad NFL coach. His first season in NFL he finished 9-7.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Maybe his coordinator's should concentrated on college gigs then.

in reality the league is 100% QB driven and the coach doesn’t win you many if any games but they can lose ya ones (see Andy Reid time management, Chargers and ravens falling in love with 2 point conversions this year)

the same 6-10 rotate coaches every 2-3 years and it’s all cuz they don’t have Franchise QB, does LV? Maybe, but they also play arguably two of the top 2-3 Young QBs going forward

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Did he sign the contract yet? Or is he gonna change his mind and back out again like he did with the Colts?

ill bite, he hadn’t signed anything, hadn’t even had the press conference yet. You ever hired employees before,? I bet half the positions I have filled came with at least one of these instances, potential candidates leveraged a job offer to get what they wanted where they already were… story as old as time, shud have been handled differently I think everyone wud agree, but also allowed them to get Reich.

in todays world nothing is down until it’s done. How many of these insiders get stuff wrong, free agency every year, Brady could not retire just to othrow egg on Espn and Schefter and few wud be surprised, heck hold outs by players on contracts they signed are essentially the same thing

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Knowing Raider Fans, I doubt McDaniels develops the weird ass cult he had here in Denver.

Also watch out for him adding his little brother to the coaching staff. He stocked the Broncos with his cronies every chance he got.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
ill bite, he hadn’t signed anything, hadn’t even had the press conference yet. You ever hired employees before,? I bet half the positions I have filled came with at least one of these instances, potential candidates leveraged a job offer to get what they wanted where they already were… story as old as time, shud have been handled differently I think everyone wud agree, but also allowed them to get Reich.

in todays world nothing is down until it’s done. How many of these insiders get stuff wrong, free agency every year, Brady could not retire just to othrow egg on Espn and Schefter and few wud be surprised, heck hold outs by players on contracts they signed are essentially the same thing

That is poor comparable since in McDaniels case he identified and told multiple people who were going to Indy and had them sign on in jobs for him only to f*** them over in process and f*** over the incoming coach who inherited people he didn't hire, etc

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
While I find the Belichick tree jokes very funny, ultimately I think it'd be crazy not to consider candidates based on their own individuality. But good lord would I have zero faith in Josh McDaniels. f*** the maturity bit. Look at what he pulled in Indy what, 3 years ago? And that was almost ten years after his spectacular crash and burn in Denver.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
While I find the Belichick tree jokes very funny, ultimately I think it'd be crazy not to consider candidates based on their own individuality. But good lord would I have zero faith in Josh McDaniels. f*** the maturity bit. Look at what he pulled in Indy what, 3 years ago? And that was almost ten years after his spectacular crash and burn in Denver.
His excuse for not reporting the walkthrough taping was he didn’t think it was a big deal. You’d think seeing the Pats surrender a 1st would have set off some alarm bells.

One huge problem in Denver was he loaded the team up with cronies and here he is teaming up with one of said cronies again.

We were hearing how good McDaniels would be at his second stop when he was still coaching the Broncos. And he lasted a day there.

It comes from “Belichick wasn’t good in Cleveland” and this is some skill he’ll pass down to his assistants(you heard the same thing about Mancini and Crennel) when it’s really not that unusual for coaches to have better runs on their second stop. The last coach to win a Super Bowl without being on their second stop where they were having a better run was Harbaugh eight years ago. Arians, Reid, Hoodie, Kuboak and Carrol.

You never hear anyone stumping for Marty Morninweig to get a second chance.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
McDaniels has to win over the locker room. They loved Rich and his style having just come off 3.3 years of Gruden’s intensity. Rich cared about the players.

If McDaniels is an emotionless as BB he’s doomed in LV. So very important for him to be himself not The next BB.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Guy has helped developed a bunch of QBs Brady, Grapapolo, Cassell (guy hadn't started a game since HS), Mac Jones, even Brissett and has been the OC behind some of the most prolific offenses in NFL history. I'm interested to see what he can do with Derek Carr

Reactions: Voight

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Guy has helped developed a bunch of QBs Brady, Grapapolo, Cassell (guy hadn't started a game since HS), Mac Jones, even Brissett and has been the OC behind some of the most prolific offenses in NFL history. I'm interested to see what he can do with Derek Carr
Oh bullshit. McDaniels got that first Super Bowl Ring while fetching coffee and Brady already had two Super Bowls before McDaniels even was an assistant on his side of the field.

He never did much for Orton, Bradford or Tebow.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
McDaniels has to win over the locker room. They loved Rich and his style having just come off 3.3 years of Gruden’s intensity. Rich cared about the players.

If McDaniels is an emotionless as BB he’s doomed in LV. So very important for him to be himself not The next BB.

That was his first mistake when he was a head coach in Denver. He tried to be another Belicheck and the team shut him out.

This is another shot and making his own name.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Oh bullshit. McDaniels got that first Super Bowl Ring while fetching coffee and Brady already had two Super Bowls before McDaniels even was an assistant on his side of the field.

He never did much for Orton, Bradford or Tebow.
Ask Tom. He's said Josh was important to his development.

Orton, Bradford, and Tebow never did anything with anybody so it's hard for me to say that was Josh's fault.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad