Pre-Game Talk: Ragnars vs [NHL All Star Josh Bailey and the] Icelanders - 1/13/18 - 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Nash hat trick incoming, just for you.

51N9B1WJg7L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
I used to love Rangers/isles games but lately the Rangers have just been irritating me when they play the isles...Islanders treat the game like it's game 7 of the cup finals and the Rangers treat the game like it's a pre-season game. I hope these Rangers wake up and play with some passion tomorrow

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I used to love Rangers/isles games but lately the Rangers have just been irritating me when they play the isles...Islanders treat the game like it's game 7 of the cup finals and the Rangers treat the game like it's a pre-season game. I hope these Rangers wake up and play with some passion tomorrow
Spot on! It's so frustrating!

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil

Feel bad for Carey who has played well.

Not happy that Buch is with Nieves and Vesey.

Smith needs to be playing. Kampfer is not an NHL player. Staal-Kampfer as a pairing just bleeds chances against.

With this roster Miller must play center. You get DD out of the line up and you can play Carey, who has been good, and Lettieri.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
Letierri or Carey can play C ...sit desharnias . Call up Graves .... Let's see what we got ..... put them in the fire!!!!

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Letierri or Carey can play C ...sit desharnias . Call up Graves .... Let's see what we got ..... put them in the fire!!!!
I'd call up DeAngelo first. He could use another RHD and also a shot in the arm on PP2.

Smith hasn't been anywhere near what we expected him to be this season, but if you're going to sit him what exactly are you gaining by playing Kampfer? He's a worse player overall, even at his best he's no better than Smith. He's also a veteran with no upside.

If you're going to sit Smith, why not call up DeAngelo and give him another shot? At least gain something out of this.

Buch with Vesey and Boo is just a waste. And then when he doesn't produce in his 12 minutes a night on that line...

I want Buch and Zib together, but if not, at least swap Fast and Buch.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't love those lines, but the right players are in the lineup IMO, so good job AV. Except for Kampfer.

Low bar.

AV is absolutely running Desharnais into the ground. He's making Desharnais look bad, and I don't think its fair to anyone. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Desharnais is actually okay as a 3rd line winger, but he can't play center.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Feel bad for Carey who has played well.

This is true. Carey's played well.

Should he come out of the lineup? Probably, but it just shows whats wrong with AV's decision making.

With the team struggling and many underperforming, he's unwilling to scratch an under-performing vet like Nash, it'll either be a young player like Buch who's certainly not a main culprit or the 13th forward who's overachieving and playing really well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The defense is also a problem. Staal sucks again. Kampfer is not an NHL'er. Holden's on our top pair. If these Hartford defensemen aren't NHL ready, our defense is in rough shape.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
50-50 that Hayes may play per AV. Wew lad could this game be ugly with no Hayes.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hayes might not be able to play tomorrow. I suspect Vesey moves up to the top line to take Miller's spot, if Miller has to take Hayes spot.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I read the tweet too 4 min. ago Hayes is like 50/50, AV said, hopefully his whole interview soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia