Radulov is quietly roaring back

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ehh. Apparently Trotz was no fan either.
Apparently Trotz can't win with the Caps if his life depended on it. I don't see him as somebody who could build a team with some star power. Stars are always head cases in one way or another. They are personalities. Some have issues most obvious like Radulov in the past, some are not that easy to point to.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Good thing he didn't sign in Vegas, McPhee would have put him on a plane to Russia after 3 games.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I love this signing for the Stars

Stars are my dark horse team for this year as Preds were for last year

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
Apparently Trotz can't win with the Caps if his life depended on it. I don't see him as somebody who could build a team with some star power. Stars are always head cases in one way or another. They are personalities. Some have issues most obvious like Radulov in the past, some are not that easy to point to.

When I think of Crosby or McDavid, "personality" isn't high on the list of words that come to mind.

Reactions: kp61c

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
After a somewhat slow start, Radu is off to the races scoring 6 points in his last 3 games ( 3+3) for 10 points in 12 games.

PS: he has more points than any Habs players currently

It's...it's...it's like he had to adjust to a new team, new linemates, and a new system and it took more than the pre-season games to accomplish or something like that.

Preposterous I say!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
When I think of Crosby or McDavid, "personality" isn't high on the list of words that come to mind.

Yeah, some people think people that are just quiet and keep to themselves and just want to be good role models are just boring people. I find that to be the dumbest thing people whine about in any sport. The notion that so and so is boring because they don't say anything that makes you say "Haha that's awesome" or "Haha that's crazy to say.."

Running camps for kids, donating equipment for kids, charities, trying to keep your life private so you have some semblance of normalcy and conducting yourself with respect in interviews so you aren't giving another team white board material or otherwise...how boring!

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Radulov was a complete head case for a while there, but it seems like he matured and left that crap back in Russia.

He was an idiot with trying to be some rebel. He missed curfew, something that all teams have in some cases, it's a job, you have rules and you have to go with it if the rest of the team is doing it. The fact that people thought that was ridiculous was funny to me, that "Oh it's just some dumb curfew thing" or whatever. The guy also bolted twice. It took him a long time to finally "Grow up."

I'm more surprised he's still in the NHL for a 2nd consecutive year in row to be honest, I wonder if he stays for his entire Stars contract as well.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
And yet tbey have it. That Crosby all to himself business is also something you have to deal with. And then he has a mental meltdown from time to time. Very rare they are to his credit.

McDavid is still to young to judge. Right now he is giving the perfect poster boy: humble, automated responces and all. But let's see how he reacts when people start to demand a cup from the next generational talent.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah, some people think people that are just quiet and keep to themselves and just want to be good role models are just boring people. I find that to be the dumbest thing people whine about in any sport. The notion that so and so is boring because they don't say anything that makes you say "Haha that's awesome" or "Haha that's crazy to say.."

Running camps for kids, donating equipment for kids, charities, trying to keep your life private so you have some semblance of normalcy and conducting yourself with respect in interviews so you aren't giving another team white board material or otherwise...how boring!
My player misses curfew by half an hour I hva a serious talk with him. I am nor sitting my best offensive weapon in the playoffs. That was dumb as puck by the Preds.

If you tend to agree with them then you are overreacting demanding those good ol' canadian robots out of young men. That is unrealistic.

And btw I would prefer to have more outgoing personalities rather than young old men on my roster.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
And here we go.

Whatever he meant by that, it wasn't smart. Whatever he meant by that.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It’s all because of the Russia hater Julien, I explained it all in details previously but unfortunately the thread was locked.

Btw, someone tell him Galchenyuk is american, poor guy got demoted by mistake

Guess who was the coach when the infamous kovalev slash happened. Wonder if Julien still has nightmares about it..

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

You can do all of those things and not give paint drying level interviews. That being said, I'm happy my favorite sports' athletes, by and large, seem like good people and contributing members of society. I get my entertainment from hockey players on the ice. I have a netflix account for everything else.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My player misses curfew by half an hour I hva a serious talk with him. I am nor sitting my best offensive weapon in the playoffs. That was dumb as puck by the Preds.

If you tend to agree with them then you are overreacting demanding those good ol' canadian robots out of young men. That is unrealistic.

And btw I would prefer to have more outgoing personalities rather than young old men on my roster.

Have you never run a business, been a supervisor or a boss or anything?

If you have clear rules, you follow clear rules laid out. It doesn't matter what the Predators did, it was someone disrespecting something literally the rest of the team followed except for Radulov and the Kostitsyn's.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You can do all of those things and not give paint drying level interviews. That being said, I'm happy my favorite sports' athletes, by and large, seem like good people and contributing members of society. I get my entertainment from hockey players on the ice. I have a netflix account for everything else.

What's paint drying level of interviews, the people that are living in an era where short attention spans are the norm and everyone expects something messed up to be said?

IF people want that type of crap, they can listen to the nitwits in the NBA and NFL speak where they are constantly putting their own foot in their mouths in interviews and sounding like whiny babies about not being played and then back track like no tomorrow because they're now not starting or the backlash.

I'm ok with seeing kids like McDavid following the path created by guys like Crosby, Gretzky, Lemieux and countless others that remained respectful in interviews, outside of a few out bursts, and kept their private lives private (Well not Gretzky, but yeah).

I think it's cool to see some things, like oh hey, so and so has a funny costume for halloween or does the same thing I do to relax. But I can also see a flamboyant personality being irritating as hell, like PK Subban last year in the playoffs, it was incredibly cringe worthy and even his team mates looked annoyed at times. I'll pass on that crap. I love seeing guys like Kessel with the odd interview, same with Geno and Reaves even, but I'm 100% happy to see kids like Sid and McDavid as well.

People look up to them. Being a moron like showing bricks of money or the party lifestyle to young kids growing up idolizing players that want to emulate them, nah.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I said at the time and still believe it that Radulov at $6.25M is a steal. He's easily amongst players making $7+M in talent. Not sure about the term at his age though, we'll see.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Have you never run a business, been a supervisor or a boss or anything?

If you have clear rules, you follow clear rules laid out. It doesn't matter what the Predators did, it was someone disrespecting something literally the rest of the team followed except for Radulov and the Kostitsyn's.
I did run a businesses and I do. I know how to be flexible to get the most out of personel I have, not the personel I wish I had. You would fail with your strategy IRL, believe me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I did run a businesses and I do. I know how to be flexible to get the most out of personel I have, not the personel I wish I had. You would fail with your strategy IRL, believe me.

He messed up, he was reprimanded, he didn't like it because he was allowed to do whatever he wanted in the KHL. That doesn't fly here. He came back and now wanted to conform because the KHL has its money issues.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He messed up, he was reprimanded, he didn't like it because he was allowed to do whatever he wanted in the KHL. That doesn't fly here. He came back and now wanted to conform because the KHL has its money issues.
You do know this is all your fantasy? From first to last too. What do you know about what he was allowed in the KHL? Some yellow press chatter from people who have no idea?

What do you know abou what is going on behind the scenes in the NHL? You have no idea.

What do you know about why he decided to come back? Literally nothing. Nor has the KHL any money issues neither was Radulov's decision in any way affected by any money thoughts. He was and is getting less in the NHL. For the money he'd stay in Russia and probably command a contract he wanted from CSKA.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
What's paint drying level of interviews, the people that are living in an era where short attention spans are the norm and everyone expects something messed up to be said?

C'mon man. Hockey interviews are boring. Not compared to anything, just by themselves. Most players just spout off the cliche hit parade. They generally amount to "one game at a time", "get pucks to the net", and "stay out of the box".

It isn't about saying something ridiculous. They barely say anything at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad