Radulov is quietly roaring back

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
After a somewhat slow start, Radu is off to the races scoring 6 points in his last 3 games ( 3+3) for 10 points in 12 games.

PS: he has more points than any Habs players currently

Revenge of Mother Russia for letting two of their players go, right?

The audacity!

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
You should write a strongly-worded letter to the UN.
You should write a strongly-worded letter to the UN.
It’s all because of the Russia hater Julien, I explained it all in details previously but unfortunately the thread was locked.

Btw, someone tell him Galchenyuk is american, poor guy got demoted by mistake

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
It’s all because of the Russia hater Julien, I explained it all in details previously but unfortunately the thread was locked.

He has been averaging less than 12 minutes per game lately and still has 3 goals in 4 games.

Chucky doesn't care about the haters. I'll be so angry if he gets traded for a mediocre return or an over the hill player. He is 23 and when he has confidence you can see his elite offensive tools start coming together.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
From the Dallas games i've seen, his compete level is still off the charts. Even when he wasn't scoring he did a lot of good things.

The PP is starting to look as lethal as we anticipated in the summer. Benn, Seguin, Radulov and Klingberg on the same unit? Sheesh..

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
From the Dallas games i've seen, his compete level is still off the charts. Even when he wasn't scoring he did a lot of good things.

The PP is starting to look as lethal as we anticipated in the summer. Benn, Seguin, Radulov and Klingberg on the same unit? Sheesh..
Rads compete level is off the charts, his emotions and tenacity with and without the puck is crazy. Dallas has the best special teams average in the NHL (1st in PP and 2nd in PK)

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He has been averaging less than 12 minutes per game lately and still has 3 goals in 4 games.

Chucky doesn't care about the haters. I'll be so angry if he gets traded for a mediocre return or an over the hill player. He is 23 and when he has confidence you can see his elite offensive tools start coming together.

I chuckled at that last sentence. Elite offensive tools, you make it sound like he's Kucherov or something.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I chuckled at that last sentence. Elite offensive tools, you make it sound like he's Kucherov or something.

Putting it all together is a big step, Kucherov is an example of a player in the right environment and with a mastery of his skillset.

At no point in time did I allude to Galchenyuk having Kucherov potential. I just think for a guy who put up 30 goals at 21 and was in the top 10 in points before his injury last year. I don't think it's so far fetched to believe Galchenyuk in the right environment and with confidence can put up 35G/25-30A.

He certainly has the skillset and work ethic but it seems he has issues with confidence. Montreal management has proven time and time again that they are unable to handle players that fall outside a typical mold. I suppose my only chance for vindication is for him to get traded, so he can enjoy a fresh start.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Why are you so quick to disown him?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

I was watching the Stars/Oilers games with a buddy and he says "Man Radulov is just a pitbull. I'd hate to have the puck on my stick in the defensive zone when he is forechecking." He really is a beast.

And yeah the PP is crazy. Unfortunately it's the only thing clicking for the Stars offensively right now so I will hate to see what happens when it levels out. Their 5 on 5 production has been...disappointing.

Reactions: Firsov99

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Putting it all together is a big step, Kucherov is an example of a player in the right environment and with a mastery of his skillset.

At no point in time did I allude to Galchenyuk having Kucherov potential. I just think for a guy who put up 30 goals at 21 and was in the top 10 in points before his injury last year. I don't think it's so far fetched to believe Galchenyuk in the right environment and with confidence can put up 35G/25-30A.

He certainly has the skillset and work ethic but it seems he has issues with confidence. Montreal management has proven time and time again that they are unable to handle players that fall outside a typical mold. I suppose my only chance for vindication is for him to get traded, so he can enjoy a fresh start.

Galchenyuk has far bigger issues than that, which I won't get into here. He has skill, but putting it together is another story. I question the way he reads the play, he makes the wrong decisions a lot of the time. I wouldn't use the word "elite" to describe him. He's a decent player but he needs to get his shit together.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Galchenyuk has far bigger issues than that, which I won't get into here. He has skill, but putting it together is another story. I question the way he reads the play, he makes the wrong decisions a lot of the time. I wouldn't use the word "elite" to describe him. He's a decent player but he needs to get his **** together.

I don't disagree but you can't ignore that environment matters immensely when young players are at a crossroad.

Anyways I'll keep the thread on topic, I miss Radulov:cry:.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Quietly roaring. What a confusing title. How about we just drop the quietly? What about just him 'roaring' back into relevance?

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I don't disagree but you can't ignore that environment matters immensely when young players are at a crossroad.

Anyways I'll keep the thread on topic, I miss Radulov:cry:.
It does not help being a young kid with all that talent in his toolbox that is not being used while in the Montreal market. Fans and press in that area are ruthless and relentless on players who struggle. I feel that if he had a change of scenery it could be the jump start he needs.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Radulov didn't have a slow start. His teammates just need to get used to him, because he makes many creative plays and might pass at moments you don't expect him to at all. He was still generating chances.

Now as his team's getting used to him, the points are coming and will keep coming at an even higher pace.

Reactions: serp

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Disown who ?

Galchenyuk. He was raised Russian and his family moved. Is he somehow obligated to go back there and live there to be a true Russian? Khabibulin and others left and never came back. I still consider them Russian through and through.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
He had a slow start points-wise but I wasn't worried. He was out there hitting and playing hard from Game 1. Now the points are coming too. He really fills a need for the Stars and I'm glad we got him.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Galchenyuk. He was raised Russian and his family moved. Is he somehow obligated to go back there and live there to be a true Russian? Khabibulin and others left and never came back. I still consider them Russian through and through.
He’s American of Belorussian origin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad