GDT: RA"N"GS @ SENS | LaLaLa | WE GOT THIS | 730PM | TSN5 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
I thought the Sens would lose a close game tonight. Maybe 3-2 or 4-2.. but as other posters have pointed out, this could be what they need. The Rangers are a damn good team, but the Sens are better than what they showed tonight. Just a bump on the road to the playoffs! Hopefully..

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I may be one of the few people that migh think this but I think the whole throwing a burger on the ice thing is stupid. The masks that people wear are pretty funny but the burger thing just seemed kinda dumb..exp when people start throwing them before the game is even over

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I thought the Sens would lose a close game tonight. Maybe 3-2 or 4-2.. but as other posters have pointed out, this could be what they need. The Rangers are a damn good team, but the Sens are better than what they showed tonight. Just a bump on the road to the playoffs! Hopefully..

We are only as good as our wildly inconsistent second pairing is

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
Wouldn't worry too much about this one. Clunker had to happen at some point. At least it was

a) against the best team in the east
b) boston lost in ot

Now to look and see if Hamburglar is injured and if so, what in blazes we do in net. Let's cross fingers: the next two games are very winnable.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Wouldn't worry too much about this one. Clunker had to happen at some point. At least it was

a) against the best team in the east
b) boston lost in ot

Now to look and see if Hamburglar is injured and if so, what in blazes we do in net. Let's cross fingers: the next two games are very winnable.

I wouldn't underestimate Florida

They are playing very well

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
If anything, this loss should put the players back where they belong, in the 8th/9th spot, back to reality and that should give them some edge and bite in their game again

Looking forward to seeing how they respond this weekend. Florida and Toronto right? Is the Toronto a home or away one?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I expected us to win and for our goalie to stop some pucks. I was wrong... I will be glad to see Anderson and Lehner.

Like bob Mackenzie just showed, Hammond wasn't the biggest problem. Tough shots to stop.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Perfect example of a problem that desperately needed attention despite the team winning.

Also a perfect example of why you shouldn't fix something unless it's broken.

For all of HFSens's uproar over Legwand on the PP, the "Karlsson-Legwand Right Side Overload"-era powerplay was one of the top PP's in the league, scoring at 20% pace.

There were a LOT of things that were broken under Maclean (... a lot...), but the PP wasn't one of them.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Like bob Mackenzie just showed, Hammond wasn't the biggest problem. Tough shots to stop.

Other than the third goal I wouldn't blame Hammond for tonight

Although had he been 100% he might have saved a few of them

Also a perfect example of why you shouldn't fix something unless it's broken.

For all of HFSens's uproar over Legwand on the PP, the "Karlsson-Legwand Right Side Overload"-era powerplay was one of the top PP's in the league, scoring at 20% pace.

There were a LOT of things that were broken under Maclean (... a lot...), but the PP wasn't one of them.

Agreed

I liked Legwand on the PP

They should go back to it

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Exactly. Team played more composed when Driedger went in.

The players in front started to expect Hammond to bail them out. It was why they "look better" than they do in front of Anderson. They expect Anderson to bail them out. Now they're expecting it from Hammond.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Exactly. Team played more composed when Driedger went in.

The players in front started to expect Hammond to bail them out. It was why they "look better" than they do in front of Anderson. They expect Anderson to bail them out. Now they're expecting it from Hammond.

I think the Rangers took it easy on us in the third

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well we all pretty much knew this type of game was most likely coming.

We will have to see how they respond on the games against Toronto and Florida.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It was a tough shot to stop, not impossible, but it wasn't a back breaker.

Hammond had to make a save. He's been making them so far, today not so much. The third goal was a back breaker. In any case, hopefully the team forgets this one and moves on. We're still in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad