GDT: RA"N"GS @ SENS | LaLaLa | WE GOT THIS | 730PM | TSN5 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Rangers are definitely my pick for the East outside of the Senators

I don't know why some people find them unlikeable honestly

I guess Kreider has a rep but who's not likeable outside of him?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Exactly. Team played more composed when Driedger went in.

The players in front started to expect Hammond to bail them out. It was why they "look better" than they do in front of Anderson. They expect Anderson to bail them out. Now they're expecting it from Hammond.

We made a few mistakes... the first goal was a beautiful play by the Rangers and Kreider... but an NHL goalie has to have that short side. That is piss poor first goal to let in. I understand you wall want to defend Hammond now, but lets be honest, the AHL was evidence enough of what we were getting. He's been on a crazy and lucky run, combined with a team that learned how to play hockey finally. But we need a goalie to bail us out sometimes and Hammond tonight looked less than mediocre. I tried to hold my tongue as much as possible lately when people were all over this forum hailing trade Lehner. I said it would be a mistake. Now Hammond is coming back down to earth... simple as that.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Andy, Lehner and Hammond have all looked exactly the same in net when our freaking skaters get lazy and stop covering their assignments. So many Rangers tonight had free shots on goal without so much as one Senator sweater within 5 feet of them. Unacceptable.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
We made a few mistakes... the first goal was a beautiful play by the Rangers and Kreider... but an NHL goalie has to have that short side. That is piss poor first goal to let in. I understand you wall want to defend Hammond now, but lets be honest, the AHL was evidence enough of what we were getting. He's been on a crazy and lucky run, combined with a team that learned how to play hockey finally. But we need a goalie to bail us out sometimes and Hammond tonight looked less than mediocre. I tried to hold my tongue as much as possible lately when people were all over this forum hailing trade Lehner. I said it would be a mistake. Now Hammond is coming back down to earth... simple as that.

totally agree. Hammond has been awesome but now it time to hope that Anderson can come back as soon as possible. Hopefully Hammond can carve out a career in the NHL.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Andy, Lehner and Hammond have all looked exactly the same in net when our freaking skaters get lazy and stop covering their assignments. So many Rangers tonight had free shots on goal without so much as one Senator sweater within 5 feet of them. Unacceptable.

I've never seen Andy or Lehner crater like Hammond did tonight, and if they had, they were generally pulled after 2 goals. Poor decision to leave Hammond in net after the first 3. Change the goalie and change the teams mind set right away.

RedSeven*

We lost this game because of Hammond. He needed to make 3 of those 5.

Sure some mistakes were made but thata because we were down by so much already.

He needs 3 of those goals back. As bad as Patrick W and Ceci's stats look. They were not that bad. Hammond was and he has been for a while now.

Last game he had to do nothing really and he sucked the two games before that.

He's not an NHL goalie. He rode a great streak that is one of those Mystical things that happen every so often.

I like the dude. Maybe, just maybe he is a decent backup. He may be a good one if he is mature and mentally strong enough to play hardly ever.

Sens should only trade Andy if we get an AMAZING offer. Otherwise Lehner/Andy duo next year.

The Sens played superwell and competed hard. The letdown was in goaltending. Their goalie made some unbelievable saves and ours let crap goals early on.

Ek even on the night was incredible. if it wasn't for that awful goal he would have been a plus.

sensrulz

Nov 12, 2009
Hammond was not the reason we lost although he was shaky today, Rags are hot and look like the team to beat in the east,lets hope the next Rags game is better than this one was:(

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
totally agree. Hammond has been awesome but now it time to hope that Anderson can come back as soon as possible. Hopefully Hammond can carve out a career in the NHL.

Hammond is the only reason we are where we are. Frankly, he deserves every start he wants until the end of the season. He's ****ing earned it.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
our broadcast kept showing hammond on the bench looking pretty uncomfortable. stretching, rolling his neck, etc.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Hammond was not the reason we lost although he was shaky today, Rags are hot and look like the team to beat in the east,lets hope the next Rags game is better than this one was:(

Hammond needed to make some saves. Bottom line. He might not have been the sole reason, but he was very part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad