logo.png
:heart:
pzc3mQFq8PVuuQBISr2KES1zyjpaJARHI1lJ1NE9_small.png

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Per EP:
Kalle Väisänen, LW, TPS U20 - U20 SM-Sarja

Väisänen has made solid strides during the past year and was over a point-per-game for TPS at the U20 level. Though he’s listed at six-foot-four and brings a decent amount of physicality, Väisänen is primarily an effective playmaker with decent skill and speed. Though he’s played some games with national teams in the past, this is his first showing in Finnish colours at a big tournament

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
TPS kid, we know them well. It’s a fairly high pick, hopefully he can develop rapidly in the near future.

Reactions: will1066

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
He has a Kravtsov like build. But doesn't possess the same elite skill level or IQ. That said, he doesn't mind throwing around his body a bit. We'll see how he develops. But I don't see a first line player or a top 6. But he's got decent speed, size and skill.

Reactions: brakeyawself

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Sleeper pick in my opinion

I think he was one of our best picks for value in this entire draft. He's way more physical and gritty than Kravtsov and many of our other young wingers.

Vaisanen, Korczac and Lamb at least I think were our best picks for value. Grubbe pick I am not big on and I think we would have been better off with Lucius or Bolduc than Othmann. But Othmann is still a mid 1st round talent drafted around where he should have been. Just not my pick with the players that were still on the board.

Anyway, I think Vaisanen is a sneaky good pick. Could be a real bruising bottom 6 player in the long run. And this is why you don't trade top 6 forwards like Buch for a player like Blais. Because players like that are readily available in most drafts round 2-7, or through free agency.

Reactions: egelband and CLW

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Sounds like a potential Voracek type..that a possibility? Dont know anything about him.

Playmaking winger with skill. If he can fill out his frame without losing his footspeed, he should be a great prospect to watch.

I don't think he will start the season in Liiga, but he has a shot to make the team later on. I like this pick a lot more than the Aaltonen pick 2 years ago.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Vaisanen is a pick I like. A big rangy guy that can play grind and show some skill. Can't wait to see what he can do with TPS!

Sorry for the pun - how big of a role he's expected to play for TPS?

Edit: To clarify a bit - TPS was good in 20-21 season so I'm defaulting to expect them being good again in 21-22 and in this context where does Vaisanen fit?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Edit: To clarify a bit - TPS was good in 20-21 season so I'm defaulting to expect them being good again in 21-22 and in this context where does Vaisanen fit?

He will probably start in the u20 Sarja, but with Pajuniemi (NYR), Pärssinen (NSH), Ishakov (Adler Mannheim) leaving, there will be spots to fight for.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Well, I'd say a good chance, but probably in a bottom-6 depth role to start. The season will depend on where he lines up. Could be playing consistently or sent back down in J20.

eliteprospects shows the roster with 15 forwards on it and he is one of them.

Reactions: kovazub94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad