GDT: R2G7 - Dogsh*ts vs. Sl*ts - Back From the Grave - 2PM For Some Awful Reason

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
We didn't lose because we were too soft however, the fact that some of the stars players felt right at ease going after our top guys because there was almost no threat of retribution cannot be ignored. Even more important than that, guys like Heiskanen and Klingberg didn't really get hit much whereas our guys were getting smashed at every turn. That's more my issue rather than the cheap stuff. I want my wingers, specifically the bottom 6 guys on both sides to make their presence felt and take a toll on their d-men. They were doing it to us. The only guy that I noticed that was doing it was Logan O'Connor and he's 6'0 - 190 but that's the kind of thing we definitely needed more of.
If LOC can do it than others can. Compher could have done the exact same thing, but didn’t. Nuke could do more. It has to be a team thing where everyone does it. Mack has ramped up his physicality and it’s good to see. Mikko is a monster, if he would hit our 1st line would be Legion of Doom light. We missed Calvert a lot in that aspect.

Reactions: klozge
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
We didn't lose because we were too soft however, the fact that some of the stars players felt right at ease going after our top guys because there was almost no threat of retribution cannot be ignored. Even more important than that, guys like Heiskanen and Klingberg didn't really get hit much whereas our guys were getting smashed at every turn. That's more my issue rather than the cheap stuff. I want my wingers, specifically the bottom 6 guys on both sides to make their presence felt and take a toll on their d-men. They were doing it to us. The only guy that I noticed that was doing it was Logan O'Connor and he's 6'0 - 190 but that's the kind of thing we definitely needed more of.

For me, it’s not that the Avs were “too soft” in the context of trying to bully the Stars or physically intimidate them. Rather, similar to what you are saying, it’s putting that pressure on their players. How many times did Avs forecheckers gently skate around with no intention of hitting the puck carrier and giving them all day to make a decision? How many goals against were scored by wide open Stars players in front because there wasn’t a soul in site that was looking to move them out of there.

The Avs were by far the softest team left, and it showed in the chances the Stars got. I don’t think we need to get a bunch of cavemen to beat people up, but you need players that will put that pressure on the other team offensively and defensively. The playoffs are about trying to force errors against your opponent while minimalizing your own. The Avs made it way too easy for the Stars to get the set ups they wanted and the softness definitely played a role there.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
I don’t think EJ plans on getting injured. It’s just bad luck. Unfortunatly, I don’t think it’s feasible to replace him without breaking the bank both in $ and assets. The idea for me is not to trade him but add to him so that we have more depth in case of injury to any of our D.

In the 2019 playoffs we had Nemeth and Graves as 7-8D. This year with the departures of Barrie, Nemeth and the ineptitude of Cocunut we where much more thin.
It’s in EJ’s DNA to be injured. He is what he is. Nothing is going to change the fact that EJ will be injured at the worst possible time, every time. He’s proved that.

Sakic needs to immediately ask for EJ’s trade list and start making the calls. Even with his injury history if Sakic eats 2M in salary he can easily be moved.

That frees up 4M in cap that we can spend on a RD who can actually play playoff games for us. I’d rather have a lower skilled RD who stays heathy than have EJ for maybe 1 series before he breaks.

Sakic has been overly loyal to this guy and he keeps getting burned by him.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Ok I’ve thought about it, and I didn’t read the 50 pages of post game posts, so I’m sure it’s been mentioned buuuuut...

Whoever runs the special teams has to be let go immediately, if not already. Like, thanks see you later, don’t even let them take the same plane home ffs.
This did come up, yes

Reactions: Avs91 and klozge

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Honestly, EJ should just retire. There is just no possible way he can remain healthy anymore. Especially with all the cheap shots that happen in the post season.

Reactions: Hornstar

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Honestly, EJ should just retire. There is just no possible way he can remain healthy anymore. Especially with all the cheap shots that happen in the post season.

He has 18mil on the table for the coming years. No one is leaving that behind.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
There should be tweaks and improvements made to the roster, but can we agree that the Avs were the better team in this series?
Even with the injuries they carried the play in almost all the games. The Stars took advantage of every loose puck, got a ton of lucky breaks and had the better goaltending(lol) of the series. I really dont know why people were writing off the Stars. If you watch and read some of the commentary you would think the Stars were the 97 Oilers who took out a number 1 seed. Truth is the Stars play a style of hockey that gave the Avs fits all season long.

James G

Jan 1, 2018
That’s what they had? Thought they were LBI to Donskoi and Calvert. None of us has any idea what happened to Timmins.

No, no I’m not suggesting that. You mentioned no concussions “all season”. Calvert (Vancouver game), Frankie (Winnipeg), Donskoi hit in February (?)
That’s all I was saying. Who knows what the current “unfit to play” is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad