GDT: R2G2 - Knights @ Avs - Night Night, Knights - 8PM

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Oh, and Nate will have Foppa eyes going...
Speaking or Foppa, I wonder if he gets over here and checks out a game if we make it to SCF?

Which former Colorado professional athlete (other than Sakic) do we spy in the stands first?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised if Vegas went after Graves to send a message this game.

They've had a few days to cool off after watching the replay and seeing the hit wasn't that bad, and Reaves already mauled Graves, ripped his hair out, and got suspended.

They shouldn't feel the need to send any more messages but who the hell knows.

mac nylander

May 23, 2021
New York, NY

Its already set in. Huge game tonight. Win your home games and try to steal on on the road, wrap this up in 5.

Go Avs!

LMAO! (and crying as I frequently look at leafs capfriendly)

Anyways,
This is probably my 2nd favourite series to watch. Hope it goes game 7 with an Avs win.
Avs vs Bolts would be ******* electric. (but obviously one series at a time)
Goodluck boys!
:towel:

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Expecting a close game.

I can’t imagine Vegas getting pummelled twice in a row. That team is way too good.

I’m worried about Flower.

Fleury's last two games were not his typical magic. Several very soft goals. While I think he should win the Vezina, he has been known, historically, to fall into the occasional funk. This would be a terrific occasion for that.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Does anybody think Fleury might have an injury that Vegas is trying to hide? I just find the whole situation with him bizarre.

Reactions: AlysonChainz

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Does anybody think Fleury might have an injury that Vegas is trying to hide? I just find the whole situation with him bizarre.

Nah, DeBoer just wanted to rest his guy after a grueling 7-game series, and he had a very expensive (and normally very good) backup in Lehner, so he went with him. I'm sure fans will blast DeBoer for years to come if this series ends badly for Vegas, but...I don't really blame him for trying that. Remember, Fleury is 36, and Avs fans know damned well what happens when your starting goalie goes down in the postseason.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Nah, DeBoer just wanted to rest his guy after a grueling 7-game series, and he had a very expensive (and normally very good) backup in Lehner, so he went with him. I'm sure fans will blast DeBoer for years to come if this series ends badly for Vegas, but...I don't really blame him for trying that. Remember, Fleury is 36, and Avs fans know damned well what happens when your starting goalie goes down in the postseason.
Yeah I don't think there was anything in Lehner starting. Fleury had just played 7 games in what 13 days? Definitely makes sense to rest him when you have a backup like Lehner available.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
First team to go 16-0 baby! The perfect season! Making history! We are the Patriots is the NHL for the next 10 years!

Joking aside, just going to watch the game and enjoy! Every games the Avs had play in the playoffs has been fast pace and entertaining so far. Instead of a three hours game, it feel more like an hour and a half! Love it!

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
In a vacuum, I can see resting Fleury after a 7 game series. But playing Minnesota was like playing the Colorado Rapids - great athletes, but they only get close to the goalie a few times a game. It's not like he was under seige for a week. Why not rest Stone and Marchessault too? They took the beatings.

I still find the decision very weird - you need all hands on deck against the Avs and can't afford to give one away.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
First game I’ll be attending since the 2018/2019 season. Over two years since I’ve been to a live sporting event.

Crazy to think that it’s been so long. Cheers everyone. Hoping to a total blowout, but I know this one is likely to be really close!

How many people can get in now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad