GDT: R2G1 - Avalanche @ Stars - 7:30PM - Nate Wick

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I was hopeful and tried to spread the optimism but it is impressive how they’ve flipped the switch, that can’t be easy.
Good players can raise their level. Playoff games are more mentally stimulating though, so I think top players find them more fun to play in general. A proper challenge and test of skills. Regular season is boring for the best players.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This is funny because whoever was saying that sounded very excited. Maybe Heiskenen is secretly cheering for the Avs?

I heard someone from the Avs also yell, "What a comeback!"

If the NHL ever decided to do a commentary free, arena noise only, uncensored on ice mic stream option, I think it would sell the game like hot cakes, and they could make a fortune from it.

I like Altitude, but I'd watch that 10 times out of 10.

I don't think it would prevent people from going to the game either. I think it would make casual fans want to go see games live, and most would still watch the commentated option. But the on ice audio option would draw in new fans like gateway drug.

Reactions: the_fan

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
he didn't burn a guy like that all season dude. Just admit it Miro was gassed from playing 29 mins and 27+ the last 7 games. It's okay that you were wrong but the saving face is just embarrassing yourself now.
Wood going that speed with his size and muscle, Heiskanen ain't stopping him. As long as Wood can shield the puck at that speed, almost impossible to do anything for Heiskanen.

Reactions: Chiarelli

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I heard someone from the Avs also yell, "What a comeback!"

If the NHL ever decided to do a commentary free, arena noise only, uncensored on ice mic stream option, I think it would sell the game like hot cakes, and they could make a fortune from it.

I like Altitude, but I'd watch that 10 times out of 10.

I don't think it would prevent people from going to the game either. I think it would make casual fans want to go see games live, and most would still watch the commentated option. But the on ice audio option would draw in new fans like gateway drug.
I would love that… but unfortunately I think that is wayyyy to much of a liability risk for the league. I would guess there’s a decent amount of stuff said on the ice that should probably stay on the ice.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I would love that… but unfortunately I think that is wayyyy to much of a liability risk for the league. I would guess there’s a decent amount of stuff said on the ice that should probably stay on the ice.

Yeah the PA would probably never allow it. Maybe they can put it on a slight delay, and get an intern to babysit the bleep button for the really bad stuff. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: The Abusement Park

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Miri looked like he f***ed up the angle to me, whether it was because he was gassed or not is something I don’t know

I’ll say this, though - If he is gassed that is a huge win for the Avs.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Miri looked like he f***ed up the angle to me, whether it was because he was gassed or not is something I don’t know

I’ll say this, though - If he is gassed that is a huge win for the Avs.
He didn't have legs to hang on. He didn't want to take a penalty or give away a penalty. In hindsight, he should have.

Reactions: 5280

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
He didn't have legs to hang on. He didn't want to take a penalty or give away a penalty. In hindsight, he should have.
Yeah, I just watched it again and have a change of mind. It doesn’t look like he had good enough legs. The angle seems fine, he just didn’t accelerate enough into it.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Yeah, I just watched it again and have a change of mind. It doesn’t look like he had good enough legs. The angle seems fine, he just didn’t accelerate enough into it.

On the talky shows today, Marty Biron said he thought Miro did fine directing Wood where he did, but Oettinger didn't do his part. He was for some reason way too far on the near post and then didn't bother to poke check either; Biron squarely blamed the goalie, and he doesn't usually do that.

He also mentioned that maybe teams should stop trying to slow the Avs and instead just try to outscore them. Which has been in the back of my mind and I didn't want to say it out loud. Georgie looks pretty good now, though lolol. Anyway, if it were to get to COL-EDM, and they just decided to turn it into a track meet, I would watch.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He also mentioned that maybe teams should stop trying to slow the Avs and instead just try to outscore them.

iu

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Folks I wanna apologize for my outburst. This is the longest I’ve been sober in 4 years and third longest stint since I was 14 (almost 20 years). Going cold turkey on weed cocaine and alcohol gives a guy some nasty withdrawals even if it’s only been a couple months clean. I respect your opinions and not sure why this was the hill I decided to die on. Old me would have just drank this off but I guess I go online and call people Nazis instead now.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Folks I wanna apologize for my outburst. This is the longest I’ve been sober in 4 years and third longest stint since I was 14 (almost 20 years). Going cold turkey on weed cocaine and alcohol gives a guy some nasty withdrawals even if it’s only been a couple months clean. I respect your opinions and not sure why this was the hill I decided to die on. Old me would have just drank this off but I guess I go online and call people Nazis instead now.
To be fair, it was an awesome hill to pick because i enjoyed the show.

Glad you're clean, bud. Keep it up

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It could've been a lot worse and we've seen a lot worse on this board. It's all good. Shit happens and everyone has shitty days.

Also glad to hear your trying to get clean! The beginning might suck, but just know it's for the best.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Congrats on being clean. But f*** it. Lean into it. We all know the H in HFBoards stands for Hitler, and anyone with an H in their username is concealing the truth:

CHitleriarelli
SirLoinOfClotHitler
Hitlerenchman21
THitlere Abusement Park
And so on.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Nothing to apologize for from my perspective, I enjoy reading everyone's opinion and it's natural for people to disagree. Over the last couple years, I've particularly come to appreciate your opinions and also your sense of humor, so keep doing what you've been doing.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Dude legit is scared of the Avs sweeping them in the WCF again. He's cheering for Dallas so hard right now lmao

Makes me laugh looking at those SOG. We had a 2:1 ratio that whole series. Should have been 5 games max
My unpopular opinion about the 2022 run is that the Oilers played the Avs the best despite the sweep, or at least they were arguable with Tampa.

St Louis got completely dominated and didn’t deserve it going 6 games. The Oilers legitimately looked dangerous and the Avs just got a couple extra bounces to turn what should have been a 5 or 6 game series into a sweep.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I think your right(and so do alot of Dallas fans). 5D was an issue for Dallas last night. Only way it'll work is if they can slow Colorado down. They couldn't last night and it had an impact.

Wood can burn anybody in a straight line. Not sure fatigue had much to do on that specific play. Could maybe argue Miro's positioning. Probably could have done more once he got beat.
I agree with this take, Wood can beat anybody with speed but regardless of that play it was evident the 5D was a problem for Dallas last night. Heiskanen & Tanev were impacted the most to me, Suter the least.

Deboer is as good as in-series adjustments as any coach in the league, I think we see 6D next game if I had to bet on it.

As Chicago showed us it is possible to win the cup with a smaller rotation but there’s a reason that almost all other cup winners don’t operate that way. It is not something to ignore and is a major storyline for this series.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
My unpopular opinion about the 2022 run is that the Oilers played the Avs the best despite the sweep, or at least they were arguable with Tampa.

St Louis got completely dominated and didn’t deserve it going 6 games. The Oilers legitimately looked dangerous and the Avs just got a couple extra bounces to turn what should have been a 5 or 6 game series into a sweep.
The Oilers got dominated in game 1 and 2. There wasn't a single game they were better than us. The Blues and Lighting were better in a game.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
The alcohol one is something I fight everyday. Can't even smoke weed it makes me want beer.

The withdrawals are tough and the mood swings that go with it. No worries bro I get like that on here too.

There are some great people here I must say and it helps knowing there is support from others here.

Keep on going I'm using the Avs games as my go to high right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad