Post-Game Talk: [R2/G5 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Seattle Kraken @ Dallas Stars - 6:30 PM PDT / 9:30 PM EDT (TNT)

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
He had to try. Dallas really used their last change home ice advantage and the Kraken had no answer for their big line while the rest of them played shutdown. Playoff experience came into play. We should be able to line match better at home but this will be a hard series to come back in now.
Being a shitty defensive team came into play.

It’s not playoff experience. Seattles team has a ton of it.

It’s exactly the same issues we saw all season long. They managed to keep it together for 10 playoff games but they are back to being the inconsistent team that constantly starts out by allowing a couple goals, can’t produce any offense, and allow tons of high danger chances.

Fully expect them to get embarrassed at home for the 3rd time this playoffs. The Cinderella run is over.

I wonder if they just go back to sucking next year. I think the odds are good they do. Goaltending still bad. Defense still middling. Defensive structure still awful. Can they keep up the high shooting percentage? Maybe.

Oh well, at least we got to watch them 2-4 at home in the playoffs and get completely embarassed in 3 of the losses.

• Wow
Reactions: GrungeHockey

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
He had to try. Dallas really used their last change home ice advantage and the Kraken had no answer for their big line while the rest of them played shutdown. Playoff experience came into play. We should be able to line match better at home but this will be a hard series to come back in now.
Yeah, I know. He was trying to counter what Dallas was doing. But that opening, 3 goals on 5 shots, was too much to overcome. The line juggling just seemed to throw the guy's timing off and didn't really work. At that point, can't fault him for trying.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
You really have a poor outlook. That entire lengthy post was solidly negative and filled with strong negative words. Look on the bright side man, life is f***in short.
You really have a poor outlook. That entire lengthy post was solidly negative and filled with strong negative words. Look on the bright side man, life is f***in short.
I just put him on ignore.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Things that need to happen in game 6.

Gru has to be the Gru of the Colorado series not the Gru of the regular season.

Quit over passing on PP on opportunities, shot the damn puck and shoot often.

Defense needs to be better at clearing the puck.

Start winning some faceoffs for gawds sake.

Crisper passing.

Play tough but at the same time eliminate the stupid penalties.

Reactions: Kat Predator

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Being a shitty defensive team came into play.

It’s not playoff experience. Seattles team has a ton of it.

It’s exactly the same issues we saw all season long. They managed to keep it together for 10 playoff games but they are back to being the inconsistent team that constantly starts out by allowing a couple goals, can’t produce any offense, and allow tons of high danger chances.

Fully expect them to get embarrassed at home for the 3rd time this playoffs. The Cinderella run is over.

I wonder if they just go back to sucking next year. I think the odds are good they do. Goaltending still bad. Defense still middling. Defensive structure still awful. Can they keep up the high shooting percentage? Maybe.

Oh well, at least we got to watch them 2-4 at home in the playoffs and get completely embarassed in 3 of the losses.
When you walk around does a little rain cloud hover over your head and follow you everywhere???

Man, I've never seen such negativity for a team that has over achieved in it's second year in my life.

This has been a great ride and the Kraken are building the right way and playing the right way. Next year we might go up, we might have some tough luck and drop a little before rising again even better, that's sports, but there is absolutely no question this team is on the rise, not the fall.

Just enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad