GDT: [R1G6 Stanley Cup Playoffs]Colorado Avalanche @ Seattle Kraken 7:00PM PST TNT/ROOT

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
Crappiest I’ve seen them play in awhile. Gru is the only one that got off the bus tonight.

They couldn’t even complete simple passes tonight.
Zero shots on a PP? Shoot the damn puck! Why should teams be afraid to get penalty’s when you are getting zero shots off with a man advantage

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
It’s only year two, so adding a center who can reliably win face offs to McCann and Bura and this power play will get a lot better in coming seasons.

Good pressure, but not really high danger shots. Georgiev is seeing them, and not giving up rebounds. The Kraken need bodies in front.
They need the shoot the bloody puck! Zero shots on a PP should never happen. It happens all the time with Seattle. No sense of urgency tonight.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, that one was shite.

The Avs gave us their best shot and we couldn't really cope with it.

Gotta regroup, work on a couple of things and then go play them on Sunday.
Hope the team just goes out there, rolls their lines and then we can see where we're going.

BTW: As mentioned a couple of posts above.
Given our season, it would be fitting if we beat them on the road.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
colorado didn't earn this win we just gave it to them. No dang care in the world by our offense. Even game 3 had better effort than this crud.

Enjoy game 7 for those that will watch. i'm bowing out for the season. Its been a long season and just kinda burned out right now.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Telling stat: In the last two periods, the Kraken had only 4 shots on goal 5 on 5. Colorado took away our bread and butter.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Ya, they were the better team and we got schooled.
Kraken have given it their all, but there isn't a lot of depth in this line up (yet) and it's possible they are running out of gas.
Hopefully they have one more great efffort in them.

Game 7, you know what they say, ANYTHING can happen. A bounce, a penalty call, luck, a hot goalie, any game 7 can be a total toss up and the better team doesn't always win them.

You still have to love this season and be optimistic regardless.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
That was our worst game of the series.

My question though is whether it was more the Avs adjustments, game plan, and general improvement in play, or if it was all the penalties and just an off night for us?

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
So Cogliano broke his neck. I thought when he came back in the game, he must be ok. But apparently he just played with broken neck bones.

:eek:
Was that the boarding by Eberle (a really dumb penalty - one of several). It didn't seem that bad, but Cog kinda turned his back on Eberle.

Reactions: Kat Predator

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
We have them right where we want them now! :) ..home pressure. Win faceoffs this time, forecheck, stand them up at the blue line, clog neutral zone. HIt them, but no penalties. We play well there and have nothing to lose.

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad