GDT: [R1G6 Stanley Cup Playoffs]Colorado Avalanche @ Seattle Kraken 7:00PM PST TNT/ROOT

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
When: 7PM Pacific
Where: The beautiful confines of Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Washington
How: TNT/ROOT (PNW viewers)

1682702710908.png

(injury updates have not been released yet as of this posting)

1682702775538.png

1682702811942.png

Morning line: Colorado -160

My herp derp uneducated keys to the game:
1. Wash, rinse, repeat Game 5. To a T, that's all we need to do.
2. Do not give up mistake goals to Colorado. They will definitely take advantage of those and make you pay.
3. Dare I say...more Tye Tye shots in front of the net.

1682702938060.png

LFG!

CPA is going to be off the chain tonight! That place will be a madhouse. Should be an exciting game...as this entire series has been an enjoyable rock fight.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Everybody is going to think Kraken fans are just nice, stick to the facts, folks. Well, I guess that's sort of mostly true.

Imagine being Tye Kartye. Dude is 21, until 2 days ago never played a game in the NHL before... has his first goal, his first playoff game and first playoff win all in the same game while playing on the top line with the likely Calder winner and Jordan Eberle. That's a damn dream, folks.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Most media is picking the Avs here for this game...true, it is very hard to beat a good team 3 in a row, but if the Kraken play their game it is possible. We do have the home advantage for faceoffs and the last change, so that should help. Just DON'T give them PPs! (refs might be looking to sooth Avs hurt feelings over the perception by the Avs and Avs media that the refs are against them. ONLY give them a PP if necessary to stop a goal. BTW, on the McKinnon "trip", I watched a clear replay in slow motion. I just don't see a penalty. Looks like body on body, and skates got tangled up, which is not a penalty on either one of them. Maybe I don't have the best view. There were far more serious penalties not called on both sides during the game than that one (but in the spotlight because it was a "star").

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Is it time to blow the lid off Climate Pledge yet?

already happened a few times.

Most media is picking the Avs here for this game...true, it is very hard to beat a good team 3 in a row, but if the Kraken play their game it is possible. We do have the home advantage for faceoffs and the last change, so that should help. Just DON'T give them PPs! (refs might be looking to sooth Avs hurt feelings over the perception by the Avs and Avs media that the refs are against them. ONLY give them a PP if necessary to stop a goal. BTW, on the McKinnon "trip", I watched a clear replay in slow motion. I just don't see a penalty. Looks like body on body, and skates got tangled up, which is not a penalty on either one of them. Maybe I don't have the best view. There were far more serious penalties not called on both sides during the game than that one (but in the spotlight because it was a "star").

Most Media were on the avs side for this entire series regardless of how many games it goes to.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Blues fan here and I am on the Krak Attack for the Cup train. Finish these dirty bums off tonight and lets go to round 2

GO KRAK ATTACK!

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
If I was Kraken captain, in the locker room, I would ask: "who wants to go back to Denver?".

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Most media is picking the Avs here for this game...true, it is very hard to beat a good team 3 in a row, but if the Kraken play their game it is possible. We do have the home advantage for faceoffs and the last change, so that should help. Just DON'T give them PPs!
If the pressure of the situation doesn't get to the Kraken, I don't see why we should be underdogs. There are the reasons you have given, but there are are a few more facts in our favour:

The Avalanche hasn't been able to handle the speed of our forwards

Our forechecking has been driving them nuts

What offense Colorado has been able to generate comes from basically three guys, which must be a worry for them right now and added pressure on MacKinnon, Makar and Rantanen.

The pressure is all on the Avalanche. This isn't a must win for us, especially with our record on the road, bot it is a must win for them.

In the last two games our D are clearing our zone the best they have all season and our goalie is outperforming their goalie.

Colorado may very well win this game. They have pride, desperation and experience and a forward capable of caring his team on his back. I'm not underestimatong Colorado in the least, nor the test facing us. I just don't see why the Avalanche should be deemed favourites coming into our building based on the evidence on the series so far.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad