GDT: [R1G6 Stanley Cup Playoffs]Colorado Avalanche @ Seattle Kraken 7:00PM PST TNT/ROOT

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
That was our worst game of the series.

My question though is whether it was more the Avs adjustments, game plan, and general improvement in play, or if it was all the penalties and just an off night for us?
Whatever it was, it occurred between the first and second periods. Despite the late first period goal against, we had played well at that point, should have had the lead. Then they came out for the second period like a team possessed. I don't know whether it had to do with x's and o's so much. To me, the Avalanche response seemed more visceral than that, more willful. And more intimidating.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
They had a 1st line of Lehkonen, MacKinnon, and Rodrigues through game 5. Rantanen was with Nieto and Compher.

For game 6, they made a number of switches. The top line was Lehkonen, MacKinnon, and Rantanen. That line overwhelmed us. Rodrigues, Compher, and Eller became the second line. Nieto dropped to the 3rd line.

So even though we had last change, I'm not sure we really had planned for all that. :dunno:

Second point, we took 5 penalties, I believe. So that's ~10 minutes of the game we had to play shorthanded. The PK has been awesome, but playing PK all night really destroyed our game plan of playing north, getting the puck deep, and forechecking like ninjas. So in that regard, we blew up our formula ourselves.

Reactions: kihei

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Was that the boarding by Eberle (a really dumb penalty - one of several). It didn't seem that bad, but Cog kinda turned his back on Eberle.

Yes, it was.
Pretty bad hit by Ebs and we're fortunate there was no hearing the by the department of player safety for that.

He did and did. Hope the guy makes a full and speedy recovery.
Colorado’s medical team should be fired for clearing him to go back out.

Looking back at Beniers(after the Myers hit) playing three more shifts after clearly being concussed and showing everything the protocol for it states it just shows you that player safety isn't the highes of priorities for teams.

Especially in the playoffs.

Gotta hope Cogliano makes a full recovery.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
We're fortunate Eberle is playing tonight in my opinion - hopefully it's not a catalyst for frontier justice on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad