GDT: [R1G2 Stanley Cup Playoffs]Seattle Kraken @ Colorado Avalanche 6:30PM PST ROOT/ESPN

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I'd like to know what happened in the Avs locker room during the 1st intermission. Kraken had gotten early goals in 4 straight periods and had controlled play. Avs just took over after that. Kraken could barely get the puck out of their own zone for most of the next 2 periods.
See ya'll on Saturday. Let's hope home ice in the playoffs works out better than home ice in the reg season!

Reactions: kihei

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
The most encouraging thing to me is how well Grubauer is playing. He gave us a chance to win tonight. Watching him play these last two games, I can see why RF wanted to sign him. If he can keep it up, our odds go way up.
Absolutely! He seems dialled in, and made some huge saves in both games thus far.

Reactions: kihei

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Felt like we ran out of gas. Altitude?

I know we aren't great at home but I do think the fans will be fired up. It's been a tough place to play playoffs in the NFL, college football (big games rather than play offs) NBA and MLS. Will be the same here too. The 12th man, south alaska chip on your shoulder stuff is real.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Well, McCann is doing his best to add fuel to the "disappears in the playoffs" rep that may or may not hold water. G3 would be a great time to see him score his first playoff goal in 15 career games. We need all hands, as the Avs, while not as deep as last year, obviously have the potential to be awfully scary. G2 will be the game we think about over the summer if this turns to shit.

Absolutely! He seems dialled in, and made some huge saves in both games thus far.
I think these two games have been Gru's finest hour(s) as a Kraken. He is keeping us in games.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, we had enough chances to win this one.
Still, they gave us their best shot and just barely were able to beat us.

Gotta regroup and try to find a way to win at least one at home.
At that point we'd give them a longer series and I don't know they want that with their injured guys.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
It was a good start, and the rest of the game was an insight into how tough this series is going to be. We’re all going to HATE the Avs by Game 7.
We wanted a rivalry? This is it.
Still think the Kraken are the better team overall. Everyone has to contribute that's how this team was built!

Add 14.3 playoff games to that. It is baffling. Drove us nuts in Pittsburgh.
Well, we had enough chances to win this one.
Still, they gave us their best shot and just barely were able to beat us.

Gotta regroup and try to find a way to win at least one at home.
At that point we'd give them a longer series and I don't know they want that with their injured guys.
The Kraken are going to upset the defending Stanley Cup Champions I feel it in my bones

• Love
Reactions: Turbonium

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Well, McCann is doing his best to add fuel to the "disappears in the playoffs" rep that may or may not hold water. G3 would be a great time to see him score his first playoff goal in 15 career games. We need all hands, as the Avs, while not as deep as last year, obviously have the potential to be awfully scary. G2 will be the game we think about over the summer if this turns to shit.

I think these two games have been Gru's finest hour(s) as a Kraken. He is keeping us in games.
Grubauer definitely has played like a Star! Now if we can get everyone else on the same "page" and scoring they'll be just fine

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I'd like to know what happened in the Avs locker room during the 1st intermission. Kraken had gotten early goals in 4 straight periods and had controlled play. Avs just took over after that. Kraken could barely get the puck out of their own zone for most of the next 2 periods.
See ya'll on Saturday. Let's hope home ice in the playoffs works out better than home ice in the reg season!
They didn't start the second period that great though. Seemed to be that stoppage when the puck went out and the cheesy fan that caught it tried to hype everyone up. They then scored a deflected goal right after and pounced on it right away. The crowd who were dead before it then got right behind them which helped with momentum.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Add 14.3 playoff games to that. It is baffling. Drove us nuts in Pittsburgh.

He's being locked down by the Avs best defensemen, similarly how the Kraken D are locking down MacKinnon and Rantanen. It happens to most playoff teams playing effective defensive teams. The best players rarely dominate and you see guys like Lehkonen and Nichushkin do the scoring. Hell, it happened last year for Colorado. MacKinnon got locked down and his productivity suffered and others had to take over. Lucky for us the Kraken are built to handle that with ease.

Now, McCann in Pittsburgh is another story as he definitely wouldn't have been that guy. But I'll blame youth there, he was pretty young. I know I'm making excuses for the guy, but they are valid. The Kraken are playing the Avs in the playoffs right now. Look who is scoring goals for the Kraken... It ain't McCann, Eberle, Dunn or Beniers.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
They didn't start the second period that great though. Seemed to be that stoppage when the puck went out and the cheesy fan that caught it tried to hype everyone up. They then scored a deflected goal right after and pounced on it right away. The crowd who were dead before it then got right behind them which helped with momentum.
They might not have done much offensively to start the 2nd, but they completely shut down the Kraken until the very end of the 2nd and by then it was tied. There was no way they were giving up another early goal

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
He's being locked down by the Avs best defensemen, similarly how the Kraken D are locking down MacKinnon and Rantanen. It happens to most playoff teams playing effective defensive teams. The best players rarely dominate and you see guys like Lehkonen and Nichushkin do the scoring. Hell, it happened last year for Colorado. MacKinnon got locked down and his productivity suffered and others had to take over. Lucky for us the Kraken are built to handle that with ease.

Now, McCann in Pittsburgh is another story as he definitely wouldn't have been that guy. But I'll blame youth there, he was pretty young. I know I'm making excuses for the guy, but they are valid. The Kraken are playing the Avs in the playoffs right now. Look who is scoring goals for the Kraken... It ain't McCann, Eberle, Dunn or Beniers.
A lot of elite F scoring comes on the PP in the playoffs and as we know the Kraken PP is trash. It's probably just the type of player he is that makes him hardly noticed in the playoffs unless he's scoring. He is a 1 way player. Our 2 way beasts are easily noticed on most of their shifts. When I posted that he's been a no show I had honestly just noticed him on the ice for the first time in the series. Plus I had thought the same thing about Wennberg in game 1 and then he played great

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea

I'm pulling for McCann. Really, I am. He disappeared on L3 in Pittburgh in the playoffs after delivering productive regular season numbers. But the Penguins had many other problems in those years that were more responsible for the disappointing runs they've suffered since the last cup. Avs D has two guys so damn good it should be illegal they play together. Best in hockey, no question about it. I doubt McCann is the primary focus for the Avs. I figure they think they can physically dominate him and he won't deliver. It has happened before, but maybe it can still turn around?

If the Kraken doesn't get some production by their top talent, this series ends in 5. That would be tragic. Anyway, my son and I will be there Monday night to scream until our voices don't work.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Whatever one's view of McCann, he was the top scorer on the team and most definitely has the attention of the Avs. Beniers is a 20 year-old rookie and Eberle is the same streaky guy he's been. They've made it very difficult for that line to get going with intention.

Our second and third line have pulled the slack so far in the series.

A couple of other factors as the series comes to Climate Pledge. Now we have the last change and can dictate matchups in our favor. The 4th line has been very opportunistic in the regular season, but they were in a bit of a slump as well. Getting Donato and Spronger going at home and adding some offense will go a long way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad