GDT: [R1G2 Stanley Cup Playoffs]Seattle Kraken @ Colorado Avalanche 6:30PM PST ROOT/ESPN

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
When: 6:30PM Pacific
Where: Ball Arena in Denver, Colorado
How: ROOT/ESPN

1682008856690.png

Key stats:

1682008905073.png

1682008939009.png

1682008971240.png

Playoff series schedule
1682009031866.png

The numbers...
Seattle 47-28-8, 27-11-4 AWAY
Colorado 51-25-7, 22-14-6 HOME
Morning line: Colorado -235

My herp derp uneducated keys to the game:
1. Be physical
2. Be fast
3. Limit/eliminate time on PK
4. Help our goaltender
5. Wash, rinse, repeat from Game 1...but ratchet things up a few notches...because Colorado is going to.

Game 1...we killed it on three of my four points. The PK was effective and sorta neutralized my third point. It's going to be the same formula, though. Seattle, as a team, is so much like Yanni Gourde. Annoying, pesky, smart, hardhat and just knows how to win as a group. I hope we come out again and punch the Avs in the mouth from the get-go. In other words...

1682009304758.png

LFG!

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
We will again HAVE to get the first goal. Avs, despite losing, did have plenty of open shots (mostly bothered though by an aggressive defense). We must again not give the power plays, and should expect more aggressive forecheck by them, to expose one of our weaknesses, clearing the zone under pressure. Our other big weakness, faceoffs, MUST improve. In short, we will probably have to play our best game of the year, like when we beat Boston 3-0 earlier. Expect Avs to get 3-4 goals. At least Kraken are a bit acclimated now to the elevation. Avs are not going to want to go down 2-0.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Kraken have scored in the first 5 minutes of every period so far. I like that consistency and hope to see more of it! Most of the teams that lost game 1 tied their series up yesterday. What if the Kraken, the least respected team in these playoffs, takes the first 2 games against the defending champs on their home ice? Unlikely? Yeah. So What!

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Another playoff game baby!!!
giphy.gif

Just do your thing knowing full well we'll have to take a wave of Avalanche attack to start the game.

Bednar, who's a very good coach, will certainly make some adjustments so we'll have to be intelligent in how we do this tonight.
Gotta stay calm, play our game and keep on being a pain in the a$$ for them with our depth and forechecking.

But whatever the f***....let's go....
giphy.gif

Canner can't wait for it too...
giphy.gif

And as always...
giphy.gif

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
Avs will REALLY want to start hot and not play from behind, so will likely do heavy forecheck, with pinch. If we can JUST get a couple of odd-man breaks and score, that will force them to stop that.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I assume most people posting here have another team they were a fan of before the Kraken. For those that have another team in the playoffs: Which of the two (be honest) do you want to win tonight/their next game. I'm obviously a TB fan too and if I could only have 1 win tonight I'll take the Kraken. A 2-0 lead would shock the world!

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
I've never lived in an area where there was an NHL team (Houston & pre-Golden Knights Vegas)...so I've just been a hockey fan...loving the playoffs and dreaming of multiple OT thrillers. So when the Kraken came into being, I dove into hockey like I had never done before. So this is my one and only team...although, if not Seattle, I prefer to see the Canadian teams win. The passion for hockey there is just off the charts...and is pretty cool.

48 hours ago, if you offered me up a split, I would've taken it and not thought twice about it. But now I want to get greedy. I want a road sweep. If we come away victorious tonight, I think we start getting the underdog-loving world on our side. Us against the world!!! Let's do it!

So generic. So powerful. :D

1682030312570.png

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I assume most people posting here have another team they were a fan of before the Kraken. For those that have another team in the playoffs: Which of the two (be honest) do you want to win tonight/their next game. I'm obviously a TB fan too and if I could only have 1 win tonight I'll take the Kraken. A 2-0 lead would shock the world!

Until the Kraken came along, my favorite team for nearly two decades was...the Avalanche.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Totally and unequivocally Kraken.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Let's have a long delay while the Lightning and Leafs hug one another so that we can miss the start of our game.

Reactions: sigma six

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad