Euro: R16: Wales v Denmark, 6/26/2021

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So do any danish fans still think that their team should've abandoned the tournament as an FU to UEFA? They've been playing great since regrouping for game 2 and are arguably the "form team" of the tournament right now. You never how far that kind of adrenaline can carry a good talent base. I kinda like them against this Italy.
They are playing the winner of the Czech-Netherlands game afaik.

And ofc not, but hindsight is 20/20.

On another note.

What a tourney for Mæhle and Damsgaard.

And what a pass from Matthias Jensen on the Mæhle goal.

Reactions: hn777

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
The second goal should really not have counted and the red was ridiculous. Moore was allowed to be kicked around without the referees doing anything. But Denmark would have won anyway probably
Haven't seen the second goal, was just in a holiday in the lavatory.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Not even close to the worst - You just really don’t like Denmark winning.

Wish Sweden all the best.
Yeah, that’s probably true. I don’t mind Denmark winning as much as I usually do right now. I really like Danish people, just usually not their football team. It’s like Finland and hockey.

Last edited:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
They are playing the winner of the Czech-Netherlands game afaik.

And ofc not, but hindsight is 20/20.

On another note.

What a tourney for Mæhle and Damsgaard.

And what a pass from Matthias Jensen on the Mæhle goal.
Mæhle impressed me the most. Great passes, joins the offense, sees the field. Really a good tournament by him.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Mæhle impressed me the most. Great passes, joins the rush, sees the field. Really a good tournament by him.
Agree Mæhle has been commanding!

And to think, he was about to give up his career when Aab demoted him a few years back.

Wonder if Atalanta will let him go.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Maele is probably a replacement for Gosens who will leave Atalanta. Who did Gosens replace? Spinazzola. So the three best wingbacks/fullbacks in the Euros this year have all been scouted by Atalanta under Gasperini and developed massively under him.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Maele is probably a replacement for Gosens who will leave Atalanta. Who did Gosens replace? Spinazzola. So the three best wingbacks/fullbacks in the Euros this year have all been scouted by Atalanta under Gasperini and developed massively under him.
Mæhle already plays consitently for Atalanta.
20 games since his move to them in January.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Gosens will leave? You know where to?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Love Hjulmand, but will never understand what Vestergaard is doing on that field over Joachim Andersen - Vestergaard has made a huge mistake in all the games in the Euros so far.

Reactions: AB13 and Havre

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I agree. Vestergaard has been unusually poor in this tournament.

Not sure how anyone can think it is easy to play Denmark. Vestergaard has made mistakes, but on paper Christensen - Kjær - Vestergaard is very strong. Add a fantastic goalkeeper and two very solid CMs when it comes to work ethic and you got a team few will create many chances against.

I don't want to make Denmark better than they are, but it is a really solid team. If they have had a top class forward who knows what could have happened. Imagine Damsgaard and Haaland with that defensive unit behind them.....

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Not sure how anyone can think it is easy to play Denmark. Vestergaard has made mistakes, but on paper Christensen - Kjær - Vestergaard is very strong. Add a fantastic goalkeeper and two very solid CMs when it comes to work ethic and you got a team few will create many chances against.

I don't want to make Denmark better than they are, but it is a really solid team. If they have had a top class forward who knows what could have happened. Imagine Damsgaard and Haaland with that defensive unit behind them.....
Hoping Dolberg goes back to his form at Ajax.

But, in the last 7 games (WC quali and the Euros) They have scored 23 goals, so luckily the goals are there.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Denmark is really responding to adversity right now. They are dangerous and motivated and will be a tough out.

We speak Scandinavian most of the time.

I don't understand what that means. Do you mean you speak another Nordic language, as opposed to English?

The trick to understand Danish is for us to listen to it when we are not a part of the discussion. Pretty soon you will understand what it is they do, and after that it is easy.

So, once you understand that Råjsbläsn, is really Rådhusplatsen, it becomes just another dialect, and you can then automatically understand it.

In Sweden there are dialects that are far more difficult to understand than standard Danish.

Those who speak English are lazy persons, that probably have problems even with dialects of their own language.

I'm assuming by the bolded, you're referring to Nordic people speaking English to other Nordic people, not to people like me where English is their native language?

Lol, I am sure that’s not true :)

Oh it is.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

That spine is why I was very high on them going into the tournament. Real hard to get through

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hoping Dolberg goes back to his form at Ajax.

But, in the last 7 games (WC quali and the Euros) They have scored 23 goals, so luckily the goals are there.

I just fear for Denmark against the better teams - when you need someone that can create that chance by himself or be clinical in that one situation.

Not saying Denmark hasn't got goals in that team, but with a Haaland I would have considered Denmark as a real contender. Now I can't see Denmark winning - even if anything can happen in tournaments like this. 92 etc.

Usually I support Sweden in tournaments like this (Norway are never in them) - then Denmark, but this year it might just be the other way around. A lot more fun to watch this Danish team than the Swedish. Would be a nice semi final!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
lol at Bale walking off when he asked if this was his last game for Wales.
fft.gif.8d47ac07bbd8cc79a56f115fda6b4f48.gif

Absolutely thrilled that Wales got put out in such embarrassing fashion.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I just fear for Denmark against the better teams - when you need someone that can create that chance by himself or be clinical in that one situation.

Not saying Denmark hasn't got goals in that team, but with a Haaland I would have considered Denmark as a real contender. Now I can't see Denmark winning - even if anything can happen in tournaments like this. 92 etc.

Usually I support Sweden in tournaments like this (Norway are never in them) - then Denmark, but this year it might just be the other way around. A lot more fun to watch this Danish team than the Swedish. Would be a nice semi final!

A Haaland would solve a lot of teams' problems...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad