Euro: R16: Wales v Denmark, 6/26/2021

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I just fear for Denmark against the better teams - when you need someone that can create that chance by himself or be clinical in that one situation.

Not saying Denmark hasn't got goals in that team, but with a Haaland I would have considered Denmark as a real contender. Now I can't see Denmark winning - even if anything can happen in tournaments like this. 92 etc.

Usually I support Sweden in tournaments like this (Norway are never in them) - then Denmark, but this year it might just be the other way around. A lot more fun to watch this Danish team than the Swedish. Would be a nice semi final!
Lol, I think any team would love Haaland in it.

Don’t care where the goals come from, as long as they come.

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
I just fear for Denmark against the better teams - when you need someone that can create that chance by himself or be clinical in that one situation.

Not saying Denmark hasn't got goals in that team, but with a Haaland I would have considered Denmark as a real contender. Now I can't see Denmark winning - even if anything can happen in tournaments like this. 92 etc.

Usually I support Sweden in tournaments like this (Norway are never in them) - then Denmark, but this year it might just be the other way around. A lot more fun to watch this Danish team than the Swedish. Would be a nice semi final!
A Scandinavian team would be world class.

Olsen/Schmeichel
Lindelöf/Christensson - Kär - Västergård
Mäta - Berg - Högberg - Augustinsson
Ödegård - Håland - Forsberg​

Reactions: Havre

Gobben

Jan 22, 2019
Denmark is really responding to adversity right now. They are dangerous and motivated and will be a tough out.

I don't understand what that means. Do you mean you speak another Nordic language, as opposed to English?

I'm assuming by the bolded, you're referring to Nordic people speaking English to other Nordic people, not to people like me where English is their native language?

Yes, speaking to another Nordic person. Hm, I was perhaps a bit harsh to say that only lazy persons switch to English; we all have different interests and the value of easily understanding another dialect might simply not have occurred for some. And naturally it is much more difficult, for example, for a Swede to understand Danish if he has never heard it before.

But today it is easier than ever to get Danish and Norwegian media in Sweden. When I grew up, the only Norwegian tv-show I saw was Brødrene Dal:

I don't remember any Danish.

Today, it seems there is constantly a handful of Norwegian and Danish tv-shows on. One I like is the Danish Badehotellet.

Apart from that there are a number of joint productions, and Swedish shows are shown in the other nations. The biggest "Swedish" talk show is also hosted by a Norwegian.

With a computer you also have Nordic papers just a click away.

The only other thing you really need is to try to speak in a somewhat proper way. I'd say that it is a good idea to somewhat switch register, and often you do that without thinking about it; like, you don't speak at the university like you do in the stands.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad