Euro: R16: Croatia v Spain, 6/28/2021

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
And that’s why big teams ship him off…
He’s a trash player that supposed to score goals and can’t. The irony is your opinion about morata (which came out of no whwre) and the opposite of werner.
Morata offers so much in terms of smart runs and hold up play. He is great against low blocks because of making good decisions off the ball. Werner is basically the same player but technical, worse in the air and a little less intelligent off the ball. I prefer Morata but rate them relatively similarly. I praise one and criticise the other because Morata is underrated and Werner is overrated.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What are you talking about. Werner never makes runs in behind or presses.
He is just not as good at it as Morata though. And Werner is probably one of the worst players on the ball in the Premier League. Still useful but just ridiculously unreliable techically.

Reactions: cgf

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I watch most Chelsea games as well. It is clear to me that Morata is better. We have already discussed this though, no need to debate again. But people, respect Morata please

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He is just not as good at it as Morata though. And Werner is probably one of the worst players on the ball in the Premier League. Still useful but just ridiculously unreliable techically.

Thank you. If only all of the folks who watched him for years could understand his abilities as well as you have after catching a few games during one compressed season.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Thank you. If only all of the folks who watched him for years could understand his abilities as well as you have after just one compressed season.
I trust my own eyes more than the eyes of anyone else on here (and I think everyone should form their own opinions instead of letting the consensus affect their opinion of a player too much). If it’s a controversial opinion, so be it. I promised that he would never score 15 non penalty PL goals in a season when he signed, and I am right so far. Lets wait and see.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Oh boy. Having watched almost every game Morata played in a Chelsea top and almost every game Werner has played in one, there's no question at all as to who I'd rather
No shit, right? This isn't even close. Give me Werner 100% of the time without question. Comparing a guy who lead our team in assists and generated a ton of chances, even if he struggled to finish, with a f***ing black hole who had to be carried the entire time he played here is a joke.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I trust my own eyes more than the eyes of anyone else on here (and I think everyone should form their own opinions instead of letting the consensus affect their opinion of a player too much). If it’s a controversial opinion, so be it. I promised that he would never score 15 non penalty PL goals in a season when he signed, and I am right so far. Lets wait and see.
Yes and Cesc was the best midfielder too better than INiseta and Xavi. lol

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yes and Cesc was the best midfielder too better than INiseta and Xavi. lol
No, but he was for two years between 2008-2010. Doesn’t mean he was better.
Ozil one of the greatest players of all time.
Absolutely, yes, of course. The greatest German player ever. He has the best assists per game ratio in football history (since 1994 when the stat became used). That automatically makes you one of the best ever.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Absolutely, yes, of course. The greatest German player ever. He has the best assists per game ratio in football history (since 1994 when the stat became used). That automatically makes you one of the best ever.

As per usual you're way out to lunch on this stuff. Sometimes I wonder if you even watch games or just press Refresh on the stats pages.

Reactions: gary69

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
As per usual you're way out to lunch on this stuff. Sometimes I wonder if you even watch games or just press Refresh on the stats pages.
Özil isn’t great based on stats. His intelligence is unlike anything I have ever and will ever see. Both with the ball and running without it in the final third. Still, his stats alone prove his greatness. Do you not accept that being the best assister of all time, statistically, makes you an all timer?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No, but he was for two years between 2008-2010. Doesn’t mean he was better.

You do realize that in that span iniesta and xavi won a euro and world and a CL when they stapled cesc to the bench. How was he better? We await this genius answer

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You do realize that in that span iniesta and xavi won a euro and world and a CL when they stapled cesc to the bench. How was he better? We await this genius answer
Cesc was a starter in 2008 though and broke his leg just before the 2010 world cup. The time period he was better is mostly from 07/08 to the time before his leg break in the spring of 2010 really though. Cesc had 15 goals and 15 assists in 2009/10 in 27 games, 30 goal contributions in 27 games while playing as a box to box and being elite with the ball and defensively. He was not better thoughout their careers, but in 2009/10 especially he was the best midfielder in the world. Xavi and Iniesta peaked from 2010-2012 and where better then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad