England 0-1
- Tied
wcz.gif
Czech Republic 1-1
- Beat
wss.gif
Scotland 3-1
- Top goalscorer: Ivan Perišić - 2
- Luka Modric holds the record for youngest (22 vs Austria, 2008) and oldest (35 vs Scotland, 2021) goalscorer for Croatia at the EURO

wes.gif
Spain
- Group E runner-up (1-0-2)
- Tied
wse.gif
Sweden 0-0
- Tied
wpl.gif
Poland 1-1
- Beat
wsk.gif
Slovakia 5-0
- Top goalscorers: 4 players with 1 goal, also two owngoals

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I know there was that 6:0 drubbing after the World Cup in the NL but recently Croatia have gotten results against Spain. They are heavy favorites of course. Unlike Sweden, Croatia won’t bunker which will help Spain

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Croatia is not looking good so far imo. Good passing game but something is missing.

Spain have their tika taka but needs to bench Morata and play other players then it will be 3-0 to Spain. With Morata, only 1-0 to spain, in overtime.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
If Spain just does the hold-the-ball-the-whole-game-and-do-absolutely-nothing-with-it routine all game it could burn them against Croatia. They're not deep but their best players are more than capable of scoring a goal against Spain.

I wouldn't bet on Croatia though.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Huge blow because he is one of the few goal scoring threats. My guess one of Rebic or Brekalo comes in because Dalic doesn’t seem to rate Orsic who at times wasn’t even on the bench this tournament

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Maybe the Cro media is over sensationalizing but they claim there could be 10K Cro fans in the stadium which would make it almost a home game, though that didn’t help the U21s much a few weeks ago against Spain :sarcasm:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Dalic seems to not rate Brekalo...many German Bundesliga observers feel he should be a starter and impact player.

Peresic is certainly missed..

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I had Holland and Portugal yesterday, so I guess it doesn't matter what I think, but with Perisic out I think Spain will win.

Not sure how much Lovren will be missed. Don't know Croatia well enough to say, but I guess it won't help either.

Croatia are funny in this kind of games though. Like their handball team they are experts at making it difficult for the opponent, the more is at stake the better they are it seems.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I had Holland and Portugal yesterday, so I guess it doesn't matter what I think, but with Perisic out I think Spain will win.

Not sure how much Lovren will be missed. Don't know Croatia well enough to say, but I guess it won't help either.

Croatia are funny in this kind of games though. Like their handball team they are experts at making it difficult for the opponent, the more is at stake the better they are it seems.

It's not much of a loss. However, not having Perisic is significant. He just does so many things so well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad