Euro: R16: Croatia v Spain, 6/28/2021

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Cesc was a starter in 2008 though and broke his leg just before the 2010 world cup. The time period he was better is mostly from 07/08 to the time before his leg break in the spring of 2010 really though. Cesc had 15 goals and 15 assists in 2009/10 in 27 games, 30 goal contributions in 27 games while playing as a box to box and being elite with the ball and defensively. He was not better thoughout their careers, but in 2009/10 especially he was the best midfielder in the world. Xavi and Iniesta peaked from 2010-2012 and where better then.
In 2007 he started one match and that match was because villa was injured. Thanks try again.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Croatia is effin' hilarious...they park the bus and allow five. If they played attacking fluid football, as they did in the second they got three against Spain even if one of them was a fluke.

Also they deserve to go home, after their fans were throwing beers and water bottles at the celebrating Spaniards. Pathetic.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
In 2007 he started one match and that match was because villa was injured. Thanks try again.
He started two tbh but I remember him starting the final and being the best player on the pitch. Doesn’t really matter who Del Bosque started though. Fabregas had world class production as a technical, physical and energetic B2B. He was the complete midifelder. Xavi and Iniesta were different types of players to Fabregas so you can’t compare but I prefer Fabregas 2007 -2010 over Xavi, Iniesta, Lampard, Gerrard and all of those guys. Career wise I pick Xavi and Iniesta over Cesc.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He started two tbh but I remember him starting the final and being the best player on the pitch. Doesn’t really matter who Del Bosque started though. Fabregas had world class production as a technical, physical and energetic B2B. He was the complete midifelder. Xavi and Iniesta were different types of players to Fabregas so you can’t compare but I prefer Fabregas 2007 -2010 over Xavi, Iniesta, Lampard, Gerrard and all of those guys. Career wise I pick Xavi and Iniesta over Cesc.
Yes, I forgot the Greece game where they had rotations the likes of Xavi, Silva, Senna, Puyol etc were rested when they locked up top spot. So how was he a starter exactly? You claimed he was the best midfielder his two (there are others) that were clearly ahead hence why he barely played.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yes, I forgot the Greece game where they had rotations the likes of Xavi, Silva, Senna, Puyol etc were rested when they locked up top spot. So how was he a starter exactly? You claimed he was the best midfielder his two (there are others) that were clearly ahead hence why he barely played.
Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas were the top 3 in the world. Who Del Bosque played doesn't say who was better.

Reactions: cgf

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Nope he doesn't but even he knew who clearly was levels better.
Levels better? You can prefer Xavi and Iniesta, but to say any player in the world was levels better than a number 8 who had 30 goal contributions in 27 games is not fair to Fabregas (despite them being different types of players). Respect Cesc.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Levels better? You can prefer Xavi and Iniesta, but to say any player in the world was levels better than a number 8 who had 30 goal contributions in 27 games is not fair to Fabregas. Respect Cesc.
Well were are going by the eye test which is what you said not the stats no? He is levels levels below them.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well were are going by the eye test which is what you said not the stats no? He is levels levels below them.
If that's what your eye test says, sure. Over a goal contribution per game while being elite defensively and playing in a deep role is not something players easily are levels better than though. Based on stats alone, Fabregas was inarguably one of the best. He wasn't a Fernandes type who isn't influential outside of the final third either (of course).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If that's what your eye test says, sure. Over a goal contribution per game while being elite defensively and playing in a deep role is not something players easily are levels better than though. Based on stats alone, Fabregas was inarguably one of the best. He wasn't a Fernandes type who isn't influential outside of the final third either (of course).
He wasn't close to them..

Reactions: les Habs

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Croatia is effin' hilarious...they park the bus and allow five. If they played attacking fluid football, as they did in the second they got three against Spain even if one of them was a fluke.

Also they deserve to go home, after their fans were throwing beers and water bottles at the celebrating Spaniards. Pathetic.
If Kramaric takes his chance I think Spain loses but he didn’t. Exciting last 30 minutes that’s for sure.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Kramaric takes his chance I think Spain loses but he didn’t. Exciting last 30 minutes that’s for sure.
No doubt about that mate, I mean it was a brilliant save by Simon but Kramaric should be scoring there every single time in any game. Unacceptable and the main reason why they lost.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
The chances were slim but Croatia actually did approach Olmo to play for them, however he was capped by Spain even while still playing in Croatian league but still cool to see :thumbu:

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad