Euro: R16: Belgium v Portugal, 6/27/2021

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I have absolutely no clue what to expect.
We came into this tournament with a lot of Question marks and none of them have been answered so far. Are Witsel and Hazard fit enough to be effective? Have we found solutions yet to break down stubborn defensive minded teams to not fall into the same trap as Argentina '14 and France'18? Will our old defence hold up? Who knows.
Meanwhile Portugal are battle tested from that group of death.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
We have a lot of question marks as well; Still no consistent 90 minute performance, Santos revealing his ineptness in keeping Felix on the bench and somehow not knowing how to use Bruno Fernandes, tactically destroyed vs Germany, no threat in the attacking third, now less 48 hours of rest compared to the other team.

What I want to see:

-------------------------Patricio---------------------------
-----------Pepe-------------------Dias---------------------
Semedo------------------------------------------Nuno Mendes
---------------------Palhinha---------------------------------
----Bernardo Silva------------Sanches---------------------
Felix------------------Ronaldo--------------------------Jota

What I expect:

----------------Patricio--------------
-------------Pepe----Dias-----------
Semedo------------------------Gurreiro
----------------Danilo--------------------
-------Moutinho---Sanches-------------
Bernardo----Ronaldo---------Jota

3 players aged 34 and over in the blistering heat playing every 3 days is a recipe for disaster. He'll go for his usual conservative approach and cost us as good performance/showing, guaranteed. Uruguay version 2.0

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
3-1 Belgium. Portugal cannot be sloppy with the ball, and they've conceded possession far too often in their own thus far in the Euro and Belgium is built to capitalize on those mistakes. I don't think Belgium has played their best in any game yet, and today may be that day.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
We have a lot of question marks as well; Still no consistent 90 minute performance, Santos revealing his ineptness in keeping Felix on the bench and somehow not knowing how to use Bruno Fernandes, tactically destroyed vs Germany, no threat in the attacking third, now less 48 hours of rest compared to the other team.

What I want to see:

-------------------------Patricio---------------------------
-----------Pepe-------------------Dias---------------------
Semedo------------------------------------------Nuno Mendes
---------------------Palhinha---------------------------------
----Bernardo Silva------------Sanches---------------------
Felix------------------Ronaldo--------------------------Jota

What I expect:

----------------Patricio--------------
-------------Pepe----Dias-----------
Semedo------------------------Gurreiro
----------------Danilo--------------------
-------Moutinho---Sanches-------------
Bernardo----Ronaldo---------Jota

3 players aged 34 and over in the blistering heat playing every 3 days is a recipe for disaster. He'll go for his usual conservative approach and cost us as good performance/showing, guaranteed. Uruguay version 2.0
Isnt Mendes unfit?

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Palhinha in for Danilo. Dalot in for Semedo. I don’t think this is a good game for Moutinho but Santos will always take the safer player. I don’t understand why Bernardo Silva can’t play there, I’d like to see fresher legs beside Sanches in the middle.

Anyway, the approach is always going to be ultra conservative from Santos, regardless of the opponent. That Belgium back line could be there for the taking.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH DALOT?!?!?!

Santos went full Pejorative Slur.

The guy was shambolic defensively at the U-21 Euro's, and now he's up against Hazard. Recipe for disaster.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah I like Portugal here for various reasons. Namely experience. I also really don't like Belgium's back line and this is the first time they'll really be tested.

Reactions: cgf

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH DALOT?!?!?!

Santos went full Pejorative Slur.

The guy was shambolic defensively at the U-21 Euro's, and now he's up against Hazard. Recipe for disaster.

Semedo obviously isn't fit, he went off injured against France.

member 305909

I'm glad this is not Eurovision song contest. The anthems of both countries are incredibly boring.

Reactions: Power Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad