wde.gif
Germany 2-4
- Tied
wfr.gif
France 2-2
Top goalscorer: Cristiano Ronaldo - 5

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
So Portugal plays Germany, France, and now Belgium. Then if they get past Belgium, probably Italy. Then if they get past Italy, probably France again. lol.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
So Portugal plays Germany, France, and now Belgium. Then if they get past Belgium, probably Italy. Then if they get past Italy, probably France again. lol.

One thing's for sure, if they end up winning the whole thing, they definitely earned it.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Tough matchup, sucks to get a team of this calibre when you win your group, then again our group was a cakewalk so..

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Indeed, one could argue that the 3 that got out of the group of death are better prepared for tough matchups.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Belgium favourites, with the way we're playing. No full 90 minute performance yet, plus 2 less days of rest leading up to the match vs De Bruyne/Lukaku.

Felix HAS to start with Bernardo shifting into the centre to replace Moutinho as he did for Man City, Bruno Fernandes needs to remain a sub until he can recapture form....theoretically with how open and how much space they leave in CM and defense he could do well, but not in his shambolic form.

Pepe at 38 playing his 4th game in 1.5 weeks against Lukaku should be amusing to watch, he wont have the legs with this volume of matches.

Hope Danilo is ok, we need him on set pieces and in the centre, played much better today. Palhinha did well but you can see his lack of experience during moments.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
All the more reason Portugal should've gone for the win against France. Murderers row this side of bracket.

I think this one has extra time written all over it.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Belgium favourites, with the way we're playing. No full 90 minute performance yet, plus 2 less days of rest leading up to the match vs De Bruyne/Lukaku.

Felix HAS to start with Bernardo shifting into the centre to replace Moutinho as he did for Man City, Bruno Fernandes needs to remain a sub until he can recapture form....theoretically with how open and how much space they leave in CM and defense he could do well, but not in his shambolic form.

Pepe at 38 playing his 4th game in 1.5 weeks against Lukaku should be amusing to watch, he wont have the legs with this volume of matches.

Hope Danilo is ok, we need him on set pieces and in the centre, played much better today. Palhinha did well but you can see his lack of experience during moments.

Agreed with most of this but I'm not all that worried about Pepe, Dias on the other hand hasn't looked very sharp. Portugal won't give Lukaku acres of space to run onto, they had Mbappe shackled down pretty good.

I'm ok with Dalot if Semedo is ruled out, Guerreiro could use a rest, shame Mendes isn't quite fit yet.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Match up of the round IMO. These are the two biggest threats to France, going head-to-head, right out of the gates. With a final-before-the-final set for the semis if either one can get past Italy in round 2.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
All the more reason Portugal should've gone for the win against France. Murderers row this side of bracket.

I think this one has extra time written all over it.

Santos was pushing them on in extra time when both teams stopped playing, he pretty much entered the pitch :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Match up of the round IMO. These are the two biggest threats to France, going head-to-head, right out of the gates. With a final-before-the-final set for the semis if either one can get past Italy in round 2.
Just know that you are NEVER allowed to say this.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
You don't think Italy are a threat to France?

TheDanceOfMaternity

Jul 13, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Belgium reminds me too much of the Sharks. Super talented and hyped as the next big thing for years, but I’m not sure I would have them getting by the Netherlands or France.

That being said, I think they win here 2-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad