R.I.P. Todd Ewen

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sad news indeed. Obviously, I remember the guy a whole lot. Really can,t wait to see how that happened.....

Norud The Dwarf

Sep 19, 2015
Sad, hoping it's not the usual tragic story we see too often in sports. He was an honest, hard working player.

TheNyclaus

Jan 5, 2015
youWish
What a shocker...49 years old! And still no details as to the circumstances.

My deepest condolences go out to family and friends of Todd...may you RIP.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The Animal was a beauty, always there for his teammates and to keep everyone honest. He actually wrote and illustrated children's books away from the hockey wars. RIP Todd.

Funny how the tough guys seem to have a softside. Was one of my fav's and had a tough job with few enforcers on the team during his stay. Another tough guy that died way to early. I am sure the NHL regardless of why, will have some splannin to do. Every time a tough guy dies their are more and more questions. Would be interesting for a a brain scan to see what kind of damage hockey fights on him. Always like him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNXb3jREqtk Probert dropped

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I don't remember him as a player, but when I went to my first ever game in 93, my uncle bought me a Canadiens magazine. He was on the cover holding a paintbrush.

RIP Todd Ewen. Far too young.

HABNIKO

Jun 29, 2015
Montreal
Todd Ewen left us all memories of courage and devotion to winning. Todd has a special place in my heart and to many other fans throughout the NHL. There's major league hockey up there in heaven and their all on the ice waiting for you. For his family a huge loss but only for a short while.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Wow another fighter dead.

I have always like a good(not staged) fight in the NHL. But with so many fighters dead at a young age I really have to change my thinking.
I really can't think of more than 2 offensive players dying before 50 but I can list 5 tough guys off the top of my head that are dead.
RIP-Ewen, Kordic, Probert,Boogaard and Belak
I feel really bad for there families.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
No news on how he died?

I sure hope it's not related to his hockey career.

Concussions, depressions, headeache, etc. is a ****** way to end your life.

void

Jan 5, 2006
No news on how he died?

I sure hope it's not related to his hockey career.

Concussions, depressions, headeache, etc. is a ****** way to end your life.

Suicide.

So sad. RIP.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Suicide.

So sad. RIP.
:(

That's terrible.

I guess this will be eventually linked to his career as an enforcer.

That was entertaining in the day, but yeah, anything that can ban hockey fights is OK with me. People are literally dying so that I can enjoy a good scrap.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It's a sad and tragic trend in most full contact sports. The brain injuries pile up, and the leagues dismiss the problems publicly to diminish potential legal actions. In my mind it's way beyond irresponsible. There's culpability by intentional inaction.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
It's a sad and tragic trend in most full contact sports. The brain injuries pile up, and the leagues dismiss the problems publicly to diminish potential legal actions. In my mind it's way beyond irresponsible. There's culpability by intentional inaction.

And it will damage the reputation of those sports. And youth will stop playing. And interest will diminish because of it.

Fighting is useless. Stop it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad