R.I.P. Patrick Marleau's Ironman streak

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Technically he's not signed and you can't miss a game until you're actually on a team, right?

Reactions: Phu

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I don't care about Marleau. He is a selfish player, IMO. He didn't want to sit out a game or 2 at the end of last season just so he could keep his own personal BS streak. He was playing like his #1 goal was to preserve the iron man streak. He also expected the SJ Sharks to welcome him back with open arms. The guy is delusional and has a much higher opinion of himself than most other people.

Agreed. He plays for the name on the back and not the logo on the front. Load management would of done him wonders, as his best stretch of the season came after the all star break.

He would of been much more effective in the playoffs if he rested some games, but was selfish to keep the iron man steak alive. Hurt the team.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
Thats all on Marleau. He should have thought about that before he decided to get old.

old.jpg

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
There's this.

What I find so bizarre about the whole Marleau event is the same Mike Babcock pretty disgracefully kept Mike Modano from playing in his 1500 game. Like he was willing to accept this answer from Marleau and just take it but not in another instance. Just find that odd.

I don't think his streak ends yet as he isn't on a roster. I am not sure it matters, he did misplay his hand thinking he had another gig when that wasn't the case, sad way for what looks like the end of a really good career.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
What I find so bizarre about the whole Marleau event is the same Mike Babcock pretty disgracefully kept Mike Modano from playing in his 1500 game. Like he was willing to accept this answer from Marleau and just take it but not in another instance. Just find that odd.

I don't think his streak ends yet as he isn't on a roster. I am not sure it matters, he did misplay his hand thinking he had another gig when that wasn't the case, sad way for what looks like the end of a really good career.

It's Babcock, the logic is he's an asshole.

Reactions: seventieslord

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Hard to believe that a western california team won't sign him. My only guess is he's asking for either term or 2M+

Should just take 800K x 1 if he wants to play.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010

Perhaps to keep him happy so he waves his no trade clause when season ends. Which he did and might not if he was pissed with the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad