• Slafkosvky

Votes: 87 43.3%

• Total voters

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Uh.. Byfield has been playing mostly wing this year no? Not sure "more valuable position" applies here considering he had his breakout as a winger. Let's see how he plays going back to center first, he might actually end up a winger long term if his play is better as one.
He has played winger most all his nhl time. And for all his obvious talent, I don't see him as a center at this point. He obviously COULD move back, but he is not good on FOs, Kings have other guys locked into top 3 center spots so they don't need him to, and his top offensive skills (skating, power game, finishing skill) are all at least as valuable on the wing, while his lesser areas (playmaking, hockey sense) are less important as a wing. he is still young enough that he likely will improve his weaker areas and may even force his way to their 1c position, but i think more likely he becomes star power winger who is kind of a cross between kreider and rantanen.

and i voted for Slaf bc I think he is gonna be even better.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He has played winger most all his nhl time. And for all his obvious talent, I don't see him as a center at this point. He obviously COULD move back, but he is not good on FOs, Kings have other guys locked into top 3 center spots so they don't need him to, and his top offensive skills (skating, power game, finishing skill) are all at least as valuable on the wing, while his lesser areas (playmaking, hockey sense) are less important as a wing. he is still young enough that he likely will improve his weaker areas and may even force his way to their 1c position, but i think more likely he becomes star power winger who is kind of a cross between kreider and rantanen.

oh god

this shit again

people are still regurgitating the outdated AND wrong draft reports

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
oh god

this shit again

people are still regurgitating the outdated AND wrong draft reports
if that matches a draft report then it was a good one, because that's based on my viewings of him as nhl player. and note i didn't call them weaknesses, just that they are not as strong as other areas.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
if that matches a draft report then it was a good one, because that's based on my viewings of him as nhl player. and note i didn't call them weaknesses, just that they are not as strong as other areas.
His shot (finishing) is probably his worst asset. He needs to work on that. Playmaking is very good and hockey sense…well lets not waste more time on that.

What’s more important is what @Bouboumaster thinks of this. Perhaps he can chime in for the 4th time.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

To be fair very few players can come in as rookies and crush it in the FOs, it's one of those traits that tend to get better with experience.

Anyway I'm a big fan of both of these young players. No vote because voting against the other would feel wrong but it's an interesting poll, there are similarities there. Slaf is obviously breaking out younger but Byfield has really impressed me this year when I've seen him play.

Reactions: Blueston

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
His shot (finishing) is probably his worst asset. He needs to work on that. Playmaking is very good and hockey sense…well lets not waste more time on that.

What’s more important is what @Bouboumaster thinks of this. Perhaps he can chime in for the 4th time.

I don't intend to do it right now, but maybe in a coupe of days

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2