Quinn: Time to Juggle lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mama*

Quinn said his so-called first and fourth lines, centred by Sakic and Brad Richards, were "OK." The others "need to get better, so maybe we'll do some adjusting."

Pure talent was all they needed to cruised past Italy 7-2 and Germany 5-1 in their opening two matches, when they were still battling jet-lag, but it wasn't enough against Switzerland.

"If we don't learn from that, we'll be going home early," said Quinn.

He was also unhappy that defenceman Chris Pronger took a cross-checking penalty in the second period that gave Switzerland a two-man advantage and DiPietro his second goal of the game.

"That's indiscipline," grunted Quinn. "I won't say it's lousy calls, it's lousy decisions."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Olympics/2006Turin/Hockey/2006/02/18/1450195-cp.html

I'm sure we all have idea's on what the lines should be.

sabresrat

Jan 30, 2006
Destiny
What is he going to do after he is fired this year? Where will he wear his fancy vests? Who will face the brunt of his whining when he doesn't have any officials around?

Burning questions.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Heatley Sakic Iginla
Nash Thornton Gagne
Crosby Staal Bertuzzi
Richards Spezza Lecavalier
Smyth

Blake Pronger
Redden Regher
Foote Phaneuf
Bouwmeester

Luongo
Brodeur

:clap:
roll those four lines and we're a powerhouse team... I know it's a dead issue but wtv...

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Twi2teD said:
Heatley Sakic Iginla
Nash Thornton Gagne
Crosby Staal Bertuzzi
Richards Spezza Lecavalier
Smyth

Blake Pronger
Redden Regher
Foote Phaneuf
Bouwmeester

Luongo
Brodeur

:clap:
roll those four lines and we're a powerhouse team... I know it's a dead issue but wtv...

How did Crosby get to Italy? In a suitcase? :dunno:

Vic Rattlehead*

Put Staal and Spezza on the team. You don't need defensive minded players when you lose 2-0.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
QYC said:
Yes people, Crosby is going to single-handedly deliver a gold medal....:|

Is that what I was saying at all??? why do you have to jump right out and say CROSBY why not Staal?? or Spezza??? or Phaneuf?? sheesh you Crosbyhaters are obsessed

ice berg slim said:
How did Crosby get to Italy? In a suitcase? :dunno:
I think he was smuggled along with the Jamaican bobsled team

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
Swap draper and bertuzzi to form a pure defensive line to set the tone.

tuzzi - sakic - iggy
gagne - thornton - nash
smyth - draper - doan
lecavalier - richards - heatley
st louis rotating in on the 4th line now and then.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I expect to see
Bert - Sakic - Iggy
Gagne - Thortnon - Nash
Heatley - Lecavalier - St. Louis
Smyth - Richards - Draper
Doan
as the lines for tomorrow.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I'd go with these lines:

Heatley - Sakic - Iginla
Gagne - Thornton - Bertuzzi
Nash - Richards - Lecavalier
Smyth - Draper - St. Louis
Doan

Of course, in a perfect world I'd somehow get Draper and Doan to fake an injury and go with:

Gagne - Sakic - Iginla
Nash - Thornton - Staal
Heatley - Spezza - Richards
Bertuzzi - Lecavalier - St. Louis
Smyth

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Why not try something that has worked before ?

Nash - Sakic - Iginla
Doan - Thornton - Draper
Gagne - Richards - St. Louis
Smyth - Lecavalier - Heatley

Bertuzzi sucks. No need to put him there...

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
bertuzzi sucks?

he's been one of our best players. **** sakes, do some of you even watch any of the games?

this coming from the same person who put draper on right wing, and doan on the left side of the second line. perhaps i should have known better than to waste my time with such a well-read poster.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
deathbear said:
bertuzzi sucks?

he's been one of our best players. **** sakes, do some of you even watch any of the games?

this coming from the same person who put draper on right wing, and doan on the left side of the second line. perhaps i should have known better than to waste my time with such a well-read poster.
Bertuzzi had his foot was in the crease so that the Canadian goali was disallowed.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
deathbear said:
bertuzzi sucks?

1.) I didn't mean that these are strictly the No. 1, No 2. lines...and maybe you noticed that these were the WC04-lines...

2.) Yes, I watched today's game against Switzerland. And what did Bertuzzi do ? Taking dumb penalties, putting his foot in the crease etc.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
Smyth2Hemsky said:
Bertuzzi had his foot was in the crease so that the Canadian goali was disallowed.

oh ok

yeah, then i guess you guys are right. bertuzzi sucks. his 7ob was never to be in front of the net in the first place, people like it better when he's a perimeter player.

i'm honestly more mad reading some of these comments than i was after watching the game.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
MAF said:
Why not try something that has worked before ?

Nash - Sakic - Iginla
Doan - Thornton - Draper
Gagne - Richards - St. Louis

Bertuzzi sucks. No need to put him there...

Bertuzzi doesn't suck, he's just a moron. There's a difference.

My lines:
Bertuzzi - Sakic - Nash
Gagne - Thornton - Iginla
Richards - Lecavalier - Heatley
Smyth - Draper - Doan
St-Louis on da bench dere

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
This has to do with the defense since both Prongs and Blake are playing injured. How do you suppose Team Canada would have faired if both Prongs and Blake had to withdraw due to injury? The reason I ask is Quinn seems to only trust these 2 as they're playing a lot.

Milvesof Brown

Sep 17, 2005
Amen to Nash-Thornton-Bert line. They were the only trio playing with any emotion. Anyone else notice how they almost scored 3 goals? Actually i cant remember if it was joe and nash on for the first canada goal when bert was in the crease, but the other 2 (nashs "non-goal" and thorntons shot that sat on the goal line) were the work of that line. Also they were just monsters and completely dominated down low.

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
After looking thorugh the lines that people have talked about I came up with this:

Gagne - Sakic - Iginla
Bert - Thornton - Doan
Nash- Richards - St. Louis

I would like to see Spezza instead of St. Louis but thats just me.

BATJAM

Jan 14, 2005
Regency said:
Bert-Thornton-Nash

That would be a pretty physical line.

That line would be unstopable, but maybe a waste of resourses. Bert should learn a few things from Thornton. I think I like Bert better with a playmaker like Sakic so that he'll concentrate on going to the net instead of trying to set up the play at the blueline. Finish that line off with Iginla, wow. Great combination of Scoring, playmaking, and hard work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad