Quinn: Time to Juggle lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Bert-Thornton-Nash

This line looked pretty good in their brief time together. However, Thornton's lazy backchecking basically resulted in one of Switzerlands goals, and Nash/Bertuzzi both have a history of floating and not going back to help out their defensemen. I'd say, I hope Quinn tries it out, but he has to make it completely clear to them that lazy backchecking will not be accepted. If they show any signs of a lack of effort on the defensive end, consider breaking them up before it costs Canada a goal.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
BATJAM said:
That line would be unstopable, but maybe a waste of resourses. Bert should learn a few things from Thornton. I think I like Bert better with a playmaker like Sakic so that he'll concentrate on going to the net instead of trying to set up the play at the blueline. Finish that line off with Iginla, wow. Great combination of Scoring, playmaking, and hard work
They were togheter at one point in the second period and they totally owned the zone. I'd go with this

Gagné-Sakic-Iginla
Bert-Thornton-Nash
Heatley-Lecavalier-Doan
Smyth-Richards-St-louis

Draper (what a waste of space)

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
Yeah, the Bert-Thornton-Nash line was the only line who scored 2 goals today although they were both disallowed. Quinn should've just stuck with that line. I can't stand Pronger and Blake on the point on PPs anymore. They can never get it on net. I don't like the idea of Bertuzzi in front of the net on the PP either. Smyth might be a better choice from the way he's playing.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
I'd like to see Lecavalier and Nash on the same line! They are both huge players that are fast and great skaters. They would be a force. Both are extremely good stickhandlers. nash is a pure goal scorer, Lecavalier can set up and score and both have a flare for the dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad