Player Discussion Quinn Hughes, Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I'm going to the game against Dallas on Sat, so he better be playing by then! Can't wait to finally see Pettersson live, and if Quinn is there playing in his first or second game, that's just gonna be gravy on my potatoes!

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Here we go BOYS!!

Hughes is at practice !!

Practice pairings.

Hughes - Schenn
Edler- Biega
Hutton- Stecher.

Hughes also practicing with the 2nd PP unit.

Beginning of an era tomorrow night !

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver
Here we go BOYS!!

Hughes is at practice !!

Practice pairings.

Hughes - Schenn
Edler- Biega
Hutton- Stecher.

Hughes also practicing with the 2nd PP unit.

Beginning of an era tomorrow night !

They got nothing to lose at this point, why not put him on PP1 and give him the full pull...lets see what the kid can do.
Assuming that the practice units will reflect the game day units of course...

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver
Earn it...

im not buying that line of thinking with less than 10 games left, nothing to lose other than a better draft position. Some guys with this type of pedigree deserve the benefit of the doubt for a few games at least. I mean would you have put Pettersson on the 4th line to start this year?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
im not buying that line of thinking with less than 10 games left, nothing to lose other than a better draft position. Some guys with this type of pedigree deserve the benefit of the doubt for a few games at least. I mean would you have put Pettersson on the 4th line to start this year?

4th line isnt the same as Q getting top 4 pairing minutes and PPing the 2nd unit.

Horvat stared on 4th line tho.

Earn it. Nothing given.

Very important to have that identity w. Canucks and its young core

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Looking like a foregone conclusion that he'll draw in tomorrow. If he does, I'll be thankful that it's coming against a slow, murky, grindy team -- his style should stick out like a sore thumb.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Luke Schenn is only 6'2", yet standing next to Quinn, he looks like a giant, not to mention the obvious body bulk difference. This kid better have eyes in the back of his head. That current body is not built for NHL checking.

Have you seen Stecher's body?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Luke Schenn is only 6'2", yet standing next to Quinn, he looks like a giant, not to mention the obvious body bulk difference. This kid better have eyes in the back of his head. That current body is not built for NHL checking.

And the same was said about Petey. Elite skill, skating, and smarts are what makes Quinn great. Same as with Petey.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
All players get hit.

However, the small and speedy players survive because they are elusive and are hit a minimal amount of times.

Hughes will have to be the Gaudreau of defencemen in order to reach his full potential.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
And also Luke Schenn is one of the heavy weights of the NHL in terms of size

The guy is 221 and is a protypical big defensive bone crusher

And he's also one of the few left. They aren't an overly popular breed anymore in the NHL we are moving a lot further towards a Quinn Hughes build (maybe slightly taller)

Put him next to Stecher, Tanev, Hutton, Biega and he doesn't look small at all.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

And he's also one of the few left. They aren't an overly popular breed anymore in the NHL we are moving a lot further towards a Quinn Hughes build (maybe slightly taller)

C'mon! I am not putting the guy down, but he is small by modern NHL standards. That is the only point I was
making. He will get hit. I don't care about his elusiveness. We can only hope it's not too hard nor too often. Stecher and Petey have been concussed along with much bigger Canucks.

Quinn is yet to play a game and I am approaching this with caution for at least a season.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

13 others

Apr 18, 2007

He would look small next to most NHL dmen. Tanev is just as tall as Schenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad