Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
No matter what you don’t play him in enough games to lose his exemp status for the ED. Keep all options open to upgrade the D in the coming years. For a lost season which is where they are now, that’s al they can do.

I'll be rooting for Michigan to win the first round. I feel Benning and company are short-sighted enough, that they'll sign Hughes immediately, and have him play in over 10 games, without any concern in regards to the expansion draft. Benning even said himself, "Yea, I'm not worried about that." They're that reactionary and careless. I hope they prove me wrong on the issue.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
How many games is Hughes allowed to play so that he would not have to be protected in the Seattle Entry draft? I've seen different numbers all over the place including this forum. Anything from:

1) If he signs at all even if he doesn't play he has to be protected because he is looked at as a 20 year old and his contract doesn't slide.
2) If he signs we can play him up to 9 games
3) If he signs we can play him up to 11 games.

I always thought it was 9 games allowed and after that we need to protect him.

Last edited:

member 290103

How many games is Hughes allowed to play so that he would not have to be protected in the Seattle Entry draft? I've seen different numbers all over the place including this forum. Anything from:

1) If he signs at all even if he doesn't play he has to be protected because he is looked at as a 20 year old and his contract doesn't slide.
2) If he signs we can play him up to 9 games
3) If he signs we can play him up to 11 games.

I always thought it was 9 games allowed and after that we need to protect him.

Benning doesn’t care about the expansion draft. He’s on record about this already. If Hughes can’t play more than 10 games before he is considered eligible to be selected, I expect Benning will play him 11.

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
if the 9 game math is right, i think they take him on the road trip to bond then debut him against the sens at home where they have last change.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Now this article suggests he is allowed to play up to 10 games to be exempt.... still no definitive answer.

None?
9?
10?

Ben Kuzma: Canucks’ Hughes Watch intensifies as blue-liner may soon be available
I asked this guy from school who knows all these details and he said he CAN play 9 games and NOT have to be protected against Seattle. So he can play some games, that IS the bottom line incase people are wondering they dont really need to keep worrying. You know, unless he plays 10 or more games

Reactions: Blue and Green

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Just blocked a shot and came off on an icing. Pretty sure he’s just sore and it’s nothing major.

Edit: He didn’t come back on the ice for the rest of the third. Going to OT now

2nd update: On the bench for OT but hasn’t had a shift. Threw his stick into the boards after he tried to skate around on a stoppage.

Last edited:

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Minnesota wins it in OT. Quinn wasn’t on the bench.

I'm not watching the game but, I guess he was in dressing room and not on ice.

Novak, Tommy WIDE.
[10:10] GOAL by MINN McManus, Brannon (POWER-PLAY), Assist by Pitlick, Rem and Novak, Tommy, On ice for MINN: McManus, Brannon; Pitlick, Rem; Novak, Tommy; Gates, Brent; Sheehy, Tyler, On ice for MICH: Griffin Luce; Jack Summers; Dakota Raabe; Nicholas Boka, goal number 14 for season.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
I'm not watching the game but, I guess he was in dressing room and not on ice.

Novak, Tommy WIDE.
[10:10] GOAL by MINN McManus, Brannon (POWER-PLAY), Assist by Pitlick, Rem and Novak, Tommy, On ice for MINN: McManus, Brannon; Pitlick, Rem; Novak, Tommy; Gates, Brent; Sheehy, Tyler, On ice for MICH: Griffin Luce; Jack Summers; Dakota Raabe; Nicholas Boka, goal number 14 for season.
Yeah he started OT on the bench but after a few minutes the commentators said that he'd gone to the dressing room.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Be careful what u wish for.

Lots of people dont want Hughes until later on. ..well if he broke a bone..we dont see him till September

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Unbelievable! If there's a crack in the bone, then he's casted up and we we won't see him until September. And even if it's a deep bone bruise, he's unlikely to suit for the Canucks since there's only 13 games left.

Can we hit the stop-button and just put this ugly season in the rear-view mirror tied up with a red ribbon on it. The next shoe to drop is Pettersson or Boeser getting hurt. .

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Wow..... this is unbelievable..... only the Vancouver Canucks!!!

well at least will not have to worry about the expansion draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad