Quick question - Filatov

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Well yes i obviously know that he had only 1 point in 9 games .. but he just had those 9 games with us .. Schastivy had those 33 games and even 43 games the next season before teh Sens decided to cut ties.. Regin even more ..

I'm not saying you disagree because you said that you somwehat agreed i'm just pointing out the amount of games the others were given before The Sens made a decision .. whereas Filatov was given 9 with us and his huge amount of talent was given up on seemingly (although we retained his rights) so i'm hoping that it's justa matter of giving him the added time he needs to develop mentally and mature from being ok to leave home etc... and that he's brought back and given another chance and not on the fourth line .. i'd even rather him spend the season in the press box if it gives him and maclean the time to work on the areas he needs to improve on.

I just have a hard time seeing the talent being wasted (as far as not palying in the nhl)

i guess i just love projects and i think he's still a diamond in the rough haha but i wouldn't give up on him become something special.

Mental toughness can be changed over time lots of players have done it .. there are lots of sports mental coaches out there have the Sens even given that option a look .. because once you fix his mental (work ethic/attitude) the rest is coacheable (defensive awareness) not saying he would ever be a selke nominee but his offenssive flair would still be there and ready to roll.

I think we're arguing the same side of the coin when it comes to Filatov -- that he wasn't given enough time to make a proper assessment -- but the reason Schastlivy and Regin were given so much time is because they were making something of the time they were given. Filatov looked a little lost out there, at times.

Project/reclamation players are my favourites, too. Sure, most will not pan out or be cheap fourth-liners at best... but it makes those that are successful that much more enjoyable.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Where would he fit in our LW depth chart?

MacArthur :)
Michalek <- might not be here next year, can play both wings, but has become a 3rd liner at best
Greening <- should really be on the 4th line at best
Conacher <- not a fan
Kassian :( <- should be playing in Toronto
Hoffman <- why is he not in Ottawa again, given who's above him on the current depth chart?
Puempel
Prince
Schneider

He's probably more or less where Hoffman is, no?

I watched Hoffman play live this weekend at CTC. How would this guy NOT be a good fit with Spezza. he isn't just a north south speedster. He finds soft patches of ice in the offensive zone, and can hold onto the puck. This isn't a direct response to your post just addressing the Hoffman topic.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
While we're at it, let's get Bochenski back. Guy has been ripping up the KHL for a few years now. And Kiril Kabanov.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Hated that joke then, hate it now.

Me too but this could be the last time he is brought up, so might as well. Also I was a supporter of his, so this was the closure that I oh so needed.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Me too but this could be the last time he is brought up, so might as well. Also I was a supporter of his, so this was the closure that I oh so needed.

Some quick Filly-lytics:

There have been 35 Filatov threads on this board with Filatov in the title since May 2008. That's 3.9 threads per NHL game played.
Or 6.1 threads a year - slightly more than once every two months.

I guarantee you this isn't the last time its brought up

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Some quick Filly-lytics:

There have been 35 Filatov threads on this board with Filatov in the title since May 2008. That's 3.9 threads per NHL game played.

The longer he is away, the better he is looking!!!!

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Some quick Filly-lytics:

Thats weird. But I m gonna pretend this one will be the last one for the considerable future.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
His last game is March 4th unless they make the playoffs. That happens to be 1 day before the deadline. If we are out, we could always bring him over to see how he has developed.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Salavat is lock for PO. So next deadline is 30.04 - end of his current contract. Then we hear, what is his future plans.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Filatov is in Russia to stay, he had his chance, he should have stayed in Bingo & if he did he would have had another opportunity in Ottawa last yr with all the injuries. He screwed himself as I said last yr & his time has passed, Ottawa doesn`t need him any more, he`s too soft anyway, next.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I remember Murray saying that sometimes it takes a couple years for the players to be NHL ready, and after that he said maybe when hes 23,24 hes going to be ready to make the jump. I believe that was right after he went back to Russia.. Who knows maybe next year we can see him at training camp but to be honest I doubt it! Its sad to see a 6th overall pick mount to nothing but it happens i guess.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Man, I was just looking at his stats this year in the KHL, and he has the WORST +/- on the team amongst forwards on a per-game basis.

I know +/- is supremely flawed, but it's still interesting that his is so low despite him playing a lot of 3rd/4th line minutes (he's 9th in TOI among forwards who have played at least 15 games for Salavat Yulayev, and 8th among forwards in "Shifts Per Game") and zero PK time.

Fun "Sens" Facts:
- the team leader for +/- on Filatov's team is none other than Alexei Kaigorodov.
- Filatov's team also features former Sens 2nd rounder Igor Mirnov.
- Kaigorodov (3g-25a-28pts) and Mirnov (18g-11a-29pts) are 2rd and 3rd in team scoring amongst forwards, respectively, and make up 2/3rds of the team's top line.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Man, I was just looking at his stats this year in the KHL, and he has the WORST +/- on the team amongst forwards on a per-game basis.

I know +/- is supremely flawed, but it's still interesting that his is so low despite him playing a lot of 3rd/4th line minutes (he's 9th in TOI among forwards who have played at least 15 games for Salavat Yulayev, and 8th among forwards in "Shifts Per Game") and zero PK time.

Fun "Sens" Facts:
- the team leader for +/- on Filatov's team is none other than Alexei Kaigorodov.
- Filatov's team also features former Sens 2nd rounder Igor Mirnov.
- Kaigorodov (3g-25a-28pts) and Mirnov (18g-11a-29pts) are 2rd and 3rd in team scoring amongst forwards, respectively, and make up 2/3rds of the team's top line.

You forget to mention, he scored 13 goals (second best result in team) playing just 31 games and with 9th place in TOI amongst forwards. Team best Mirnov played 44 games - 18 goals.
I know scoring in KHL and NHL are not comparable, but still
Ottawa doesn`t need him any more, he`s too soft anyway, next.

I think he can outscore 4/5 of our current forwards. And hi is -3. We have Spezza at -23. Michalek -22 and Zibby -13. :laugh:
And he can outskate 5/5 of our forwards.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You forget to mention, he scored 13 goals (second best result in team) playing just 31 games and with 9th place in TOI amongst forwards. Team best Mirnov played 44 games - 18 goals.
I know scoring in KHL and NHL are not comparable, but still

You're absolutely right, I didn't mention them.

That being said, I didn't think it was necessary to mention it either, seeing as how it's not his offensive ability that has kept him from being an impact player in the NHL thus far.

We know he plays an offence-first game. That part was never in doubt.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Filatov talk reminds me of guys who pine over ex-girlfriends years later, conveniently forgetting that you dumped them at the time because they were bat-$&@! crazy...

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
The Filatov talk reminds me of guys who pine over ex-girlfriends years later, conveniently forgetting that you dumped them at the time because they were bat-$&@! crazy...

You should post this in Silfverberg thread :)

Filatov is still Ottawas property, so talking about him is same as pumping tires of Hoffman, Stone etc.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad