Questions going forward into 14-15 season?

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
It is so cute when new fans attempt to dictate what does and does not make a fan.

See, I would think my yearly expenditure for season tickets, as well as having my business buy advertisement as well as one of the suites would make me a fan. Not to mention a frankly ridiculous number of jerseys and memorabilia and an almost insane devotion to the team.

However, thankfully you have come along and clarified my delusions and I am now being informed that if I do not believe the Blues can win a cup this year, I am simply not a fan of the team.
Interesting.

So can I continue to spend money on the Blues, or do I have to go find another team who I think might win the cup this year (or any year really) and support them instead? And if so what do I do with the the aforementioned memorabilia and season tickets? Do I have to find someone on the street completely disconnected from the Blues past and give them the tickets and jerseys, etc.?

I am awaiting clarification with bated breath and as such I'll just go ahead and hang up and listen.

Thanks.
I'm talking about the St. Louis Blues in 2014-2015. I'm not exactly sure why everyone is bringing up the worst teams in the history of the NHL to go against what I said.

You can define what makes you a fan however you want, but TO ME you are not a fan if you don't think your own team can win the Cup when they are good enough to make the playoffs, and place in the top 8 in the standings for that matter. That's just silly.

Please read what I said again; I don't want to start any arguments about who here is a fan or not. We are all fans in our own minds. We just have different...qualifications...if you will.

I don't consider anyone who doesn't believe we can win it all to even be a fan.

It is so cute when new fans attempt to dictate what does and does not make a fan.
Also, what makes you think I'm a new fan? Because I joined these forums 2 days ago? Do I have to be a member of these forums to be a Blues fan? Is that one of your qualifications to become a fan?

I'm joking, haha. :)

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Here's another question:

Is there any other acquisition that's going under the radar more league-wide than the Blues signing Lehtera?

I dont' think he even got a thread on the Free Agent Frenzy board.

For a guy that may very well be the Blues #2 center with Tarasenko and someone else good on the other wing, its a very significant move. As time passes from 7/1, I find I'm more excited about seeing what Jori can do than even Stastny.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think both our newly signed Euro's, Lindstrom and Lehtera, will make a huge difference in the success of the team. In a lot of ways, their performance will really dictate many other potential moves. If Lehtera shows he is capable of being that playmaking 2C, then that allows Berglund to either stay on the wing or be traded. If he fails, we really aren't in that much better of a position at center this year than last year if Backes is on the wing still. Stastny, Berglund, Sobotka, Lapierre is pretty much on par with Backes, Berglund, Sobotka, Lapierre. If Lehtera works, we have an exceptionally deep team down the middle.Lindstrom is a total crap shoot. I'm sure the Blues have some idea what they're going to get from Lindstrom, but I sure as hell don't. No clue how it's going to work, but I'm optimistic because he was so successful in Europe, and has played a significant amount of games on North American ice.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Here's another question:

Is there any other acquisition that's going under the radar more league-wide than the Blues signing Lehtera?

I dont' think he even got a thread on the Free Agent Frenzy board.

For a guy that may very well be the Blues #2 center with Tarasenko and someone else good on the other wing, its a very significant move. As time passes from 7/1, I find I'm more excited about seeing what Jori can do than even Stastny.

Probably because we pretty much know what to expect from Stastny. We've all watched him play for eight years against us quite often since the Avs are in our division. So we know what we're getting.

With Lehtera we can watch KHL videos and all that but nobody has seen him play in the NHL so we really don't know what to expect. Will he play better here than in the KHL? The same? Worse? Will there be an adjustment period and if so for how long? These questions aren't there with Stastny for obvious reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad