NFL: Questions from a Newb

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
I asked the question last night but there was so many games happening, I think people preferred ignoring it.

So I know how football is played, I even understand the metagame about what's wise, conventional wisdom, etc..

However, I am an utter newb when it comes to the NFL. Like.. Who are the good players. Who was hired by which team. Etc.. I don't follow these, so sometimes a team's aspect gets better or worse without me understanding what they changed.

A few years back, I asked "why are the Saints suddenly gettinng good" and a few gentlefans indulged me and explained to me what changes they made to their offense. It was very nice of them.

I have another question for this year: the Saints defense seems a lot more solid this year than last. Have they made significant changes? Got new players, new coordinators? Less injuries?

To point out the level of ignorance I have, the only Saints D player I know exist is Anzalone because he got Thor hair and a funny name. And he's injured now.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Their D line is the best part of their team and a game changer. They’re an elite run defense. Marcus Davenport and Cam Jordan are beast ends. Davenport is a guy on the upswing. Malcom Brown and Omyenata are big f***ing boys that stuff.

Reactions: PredSubban

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I mean, they were pretty good the last two years before now. It's not a super recent development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad