Questions for Norwegians regarding fandom

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llNzC2UL4wI

What danish commentary sounds like to norwegians ;)

Sorry btw, have no idea how to embed the vid

You just take the part after the = (llNzC2UL4wI) and embed it with YT clamps: [YT ][/YT ]

As such:

Btw, that is funny :) I believe I saw a tv clip of danish soccer players Miken Jensen and Tobias Mikkelsen from Rosenborg laughing their ***** of watching this :D

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
This one, is bit newer and also Norwegian, once again making fun of danish.

This one made me pee my pants almost, so funny :D

For people who don't understand - To many, Danish is very dificult to learn, not just to speak it, but especially our guttural pronunciations. So they are making fun off Danes actually forgetting how to speak Danish. Also, Danes tend to speak very lazy and not pronounce words.

Also we have a different way of using our numbers. We dont say the dominant number first but the latter. So instead of saying eightysix, Danes would say sixeighty!

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Look at my post above:) Did I do a bad job explaining it?

You have to go advanced to get the quick tap YT clamps.

Well I tried and obviously failed....I wrote them in by hand (going "advanced" where?)
So where do the YT calms go? I have tried both right after the = and then at the end.....first and last doesn't work either.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well I tried and obviously failed....I wrote them in by hand (going "advanced" where?)
So where do the YT calms go? I have tried both right after the = and then at the end.....first and last doesn't work either.

Well, when you reply, you automatically go to advanced. So don't worry about that part :) I think your problem is that you didn't delete the rest of the YT link. You only need the part after the =.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk This is the whole YT adress and you take this part : s-mOy8VUEBk And then you mark it all and press the youtube button above when you are writing the post. that should wrap it automatically:)

s-mOy8VUEBk and then wrap it with these [YT ] [/YT ] I just had to make room between the T and the end clamp for them to be posted w/out a video.

Last edited:

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
I have family in Drammen and may have a possible job opportunity in Lørenskog. I just have to finish my education first and try to learn some (or a lot) of Bokmal before moving.

What are these two places (Dramme, Lørenskog) like?

Ha ha Lørenskog and Drammen was actually named the ugliest town (Lørenskog) and the ugliest city (Drammen) in Norway some years ago. It`s not like that anymore though.

Lørenskog is a typical suburb right outside of Oslo, Drammen is about 30-45 minutes outside of Oslo. They have cleaned it up the last couple of years and the areas around the river is really nice.

Only Lørenskog has a hockeyteam though and a preety good one to.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ha ha Lørenskog and Drammen was actually named the ugliest town (Lørenskog) and the ugliest city (Drammen) in Norway some years ago. It`s not like that anymore though.

Lørenskog is a typical suburb right outside of Oslo, Drammen is about 30-45 minutes outside of Oslo. They have cleaned it up the last couple of years and the areas around the river is really nice.

Only Lørenskog has a hockeyteam though and a preety good one to.

May I ask? Do you by any chance have a user on Airliners.net with the same name?

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
As a have family in Norway I can say that bokmål really is danish spoken with a norwegian dialect. You just have to get used to the intonation then it's easy and vice versa goes for Norwegians in Denmark.
In writing it's almost the same, except the Norwegians made the spelling reform like sjokolade instead of danish chokolade.

Nah we say sjokolade, while u say skolaaaaaaaøøøøøøø :laugh:

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
I would say that mostly Norwegians and Danes really get on very well together and cheer for each other to do well. Except off course when we meet, then you have all kind of teasing (About Fjeldaber or Danes not belonging in wintersport since they got injured just looking at a skiing slop etc). It's generally meant more as an inside joke between us, but I guess a few people actually takes it seriously.
But you can find rotten eggs in any basket.
I always cheer for Norway in sports, but I also love when Denmark beats them :D
and it's always a great laugh to hear norwegian commentators when Norway wins something.
Norway beat England in Football 1981....and Bjørge Lillelien goes amok:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtbZWIcj0bk

Big game today! Sincerely hope you will win. The tournaments are not the same without Denmark (vs Norway:) The Slovenians are tricky though. Always good goaltending and good tactics, and play to their abilities, appear much better than they are on paper.
But Denmark will take this one.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Hello. I am a Norwegian-American and have some questions for the Norwegians! This may be random, and if so I'm sorry, but if you can help then please do!

1.) What seems to be the most popular NHL team in Norway when it comes to fandom? I have family there who like Minnesota as it's heavily Norwegian and where a lot of their family members moved to.

2.) Do you Norwegians root for your fellow Scandinavians? I know there seems to be a rivalry between Norway and Sweden for things, but you have that rivalry while maintaining a closer relationship in things (as opposed to America and Canada lol). If Norway gets eliminated from a tournament then are you cheering for Sweden or Denmark? You can answer for you and/or how most Norwegians are.

3.) A continuation of question 2, but since there isn't many Norwegian players to root for in the NHL, do you root for Swedes or Danes? Again, you can answer for you and/or how most Norwegians are.

4.) Who's the most popular Norwegian player right now? Any superstars that stand out?

Thanks for answering my questions!

1. Minnesota is a place where there are most likely more Norwegians than in Norway. Historically speaking.

But Pittsburgh Penguins got by far the most fans. Followed by the New York Rangers(because of Zuccarello) and then there is Detroit Red Wings(who has gotten the most media-coverage over the years, because of the amount of swedes on the team). Behind there, it's really close among several teams.

2. YES and NO. It really depends on the person and what happens before we go out. If there is a lot of arrogance from their part, then no. Denmark, Sweden and Norway has had a lot of discussion with each other in regards to Football and Winter Sports, and it tends to carry on here.

3. I don't think that is the general idea, but I do like some of the players more than the national team. Though, when Canada's fans act like **** during WC, I hope Sweden kicks their ass.

4. Mats Zuccarello, clearly because of the NHL and there has been a lot of fuzz here lately because of a sponsor deal he has with a betting-company. Because they are a competitor for the National betting company in Norway who funds most of Norwegian Sports. Therefore he got excluded from the National Team until that deal is cut off or expires. Patrick Thoresen also got a very good status, but Zuccarello is younger and more boheme-like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad