• Quebec

Votes: 215 59.1%
  • Houston

Votes: 129 35.4%
  • Other

Votes: 20 5.5%

• Total voters

Mar 26, 2010
It's less than that. It's roughly 2h30. I use to live in Quebec City as a student and did QC-MTL all the time to see friends and family. With that said, folks from Montreal aren't filling up Quebec's arena. That's a ridiculous take from the poster you were quoting.
I agree with that, Montreal is Habs country.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Houston, for me. But I also love the city.

It used to be so much better when you could still find parking space.

rdh7zsqvz5q01.jpg

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Montrealers are not filling up that arena. You think someone from Montreal is going to do QC City-Montreal on a weekday? Get real.

they don't have to fill it. province is hockey crazy as it is. lots of cities that are near Québec City that will help filling it

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
West GTA.

Mississauga, Brampton and Halton make up over 1.5mil, include Hamilton and you're looking close to 2.5mil population. The only thing keeping a team out of this region is politics.
This. GTA can easily support a second team and less of an issue with the Leafs regionally if they're in the Western Conference.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
Toronto, Buffalo and Detroit arent letting that happen

So politics. No one from the golden horseshoe is making the 3-4(up to 5 with traffic) hour drive to Detroit + time spent crossing border. Also doubt they'd be losing any season ticket holders from London.

Can't afford Leaf games, won't drive+deal with border crossing to drive to Buffalo, too many of us in that situation.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Quebec would be absolutely SOUL, but Canadian fans are the worst, so I'll go with "other" and root for some novel location without a major sports franchise.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'll make this short and sweet. I personally have zero interest in seeing a return of the Nordiques. If it happens so be it, but I'm not clamoring for them to come back like many others are.

So yeah, between the two my answer is Houston and it's not close. But, I also don't want to see anyone relocate.

Reactions: MMC

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So politics. No one from the golden horseshoe is making the 3-4(up to 5 with traffic) hour drive to Detroit + time spent crossing border. Also doubt they'd be losing any season ticket holders from London.

Can't afford Leaf games, won't drive+deal with border crossing to drive to Buffalo, too many of us in that situation.

Yeah but all of South Western Ontario is spread between those 3 teams. You hit London and you start seeing Wings fans. By the time you hit Sarnia its a pretty big split between wings and Leaf fans. Hamilton over to the Niagara region you have a lot of Sabres fans. Its not "politics", its business.

London is almost the exact same distance from LCA as it is from Scotia Bank Arena, thats a massive city that those 2 teams can draw fans from... throw another team into the mix, in a league that is still really driven by gate revenue and it makes no sense for them to allow another team there

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Prefer KC, but any Central city will do… took to long to get divisional/conference balance for the league to just throw it away by moving the Yotes to Quebec.
Quebec City will have to wait for an Eastern Conference team to move or another expansion option.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Did Betman want Winnipeg? Likely Quebec is the last resort, but it could still end up being the only choice.
Bettman would probably have preferred for the Thrashers to have stayed in the (southern) US, but if I recall correctly True North was the only really viable option.

I would certainly hope that, if Arizona moves, they go to Quebec rather thay Houston.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
My Heart is with Québec , but let's face it IF they move the franchise it will move to Houston.They already move the team in the central division this season, as it is Houston division friendly.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Would Houston fans be okay with the team not having at least 3 Texan players on the team? Would they be restricted to having a Texas-born coach and GM?

Reactions: BatVader

Evergreen

Quebec. No reason other than I like the idea of 1/4 of the teams being in Canada. Plus hopefully they would go back to the Nordiques color scheme.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Selyanin

#StammerTime
May 2, 2014
The North
Would Houston fans be okay with the team not having at least 3 Texan players on the team? Would they be restricted to having a Texas-born coach and GM?
Would Houston fans be okay with no English speaking players? Wold they be restricted to having an English speaking coach and GM?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't know much about Quebec City, but having lived in Houston I still have trouble seeing enough folks come out for hockey regularly. Or at least they'll have to do it right and just leverage their market size into creating an entertainment product that eventually grows a bigger sustaining fanbase for hockey over time. Lots of other places have pulled that off, so it shouldn't be impossible by any stretch. But they can't afford to mess it up. Atlanta and Phoenix would still have viable teams if it was JUST based on market size.
:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad