Quebec National Assembly considering bill to outlaw court challenges in arena/NHL bid

Puckschmuck*

Now that an arena deal is pretty much a done deal in QC, I'm thinking they will have a great shot at getting the Coyotes for the 2012/13 season.

Can't wait for the Deeks to be back in the league!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If the rest of this process continues to go this smoothly, the City of Glendale had better get their **** together, and quick. No reason why the Coyotes couldnt play in the Colisee for two seasons.

As a coyotes fan, it makes me nervous to see that local government make strides while mine has stood stagnant, wallowing in their own **** for three years.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If the rest of this process continues to go this smoothly, the City of Glendale had better get their **** together, and quick. No reason why the Coyotes couldnt play in the Colisee for two seasons.

As a coyotes fan, it makes me nervous to see that local government make strides while mine has stood stagnant, wallowing in their own **** for three years.

As happy as I would be if the Nords came back, it would suck donkey balls for those who are trully passionate about the Coyotes. As a former Nordique and Expo fan, I understand your pain my friend.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I'm surprised how little attention this gets here on hf. Is it just because this is an English only board?

I think it has more to do with the fact that if QC had a new NHL ready arena NOW, there'd be more attention-I think if ownership doesn't resolve itself in Glendale, we and the media starts banging the drums louder-we might see v2 of the Peg Saga, only with people from The Beautiful Province....

not a trapdoor

I swallowed my keys
Apr 13, 2011
Sydney
I'm surprised how little attention this gets here on hf. Is it just because this is an English only board?

While not everyone in Quebec speaks English, enough do (and enough frequent here) that I don't think language is a major issue - although it probably does reduce the number of Nords fans here.

I think the recent storm of activity surrounding Winnipeg (which has been very much dominating league structure discussions as well as Coyotes future discussions for a while) dwarfs Quebec in comparison.

Progress in Quebec is steadily inching forward and is receiving a fair bit of attention here. Meanwhile the situations in both Atlanta & Winnipeg have reached conclusions (sorry Thrashers fans!). I suspect that once the situation in Arizona starts moving again, talk of Quebec will heat up. There is a general consensus here that Quebec is the most likely landing point if/when the Coyotes move, so as things come to a head there talk of Quebec will only increase. Especially if it becomes obvious that the Yotes are moving.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The AHL failed in Québec because it was the Habs' affiliate. It was felt like a slap in the face by the Nordiques fans.

try that QMJHL team that has split that market, Shawa.... you want immediate success, you already have it and the rivalry between MTL & QUE has doomed that market add the umpteen threat by PQ, to put Quebecers as their own country.... not all the Quebec based teams were Canadian owned

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
try that QMJHL team that has split that market, Shawa.... you want immediate success, you already have it and the rivalry between MTL & QUE has doomed that market add the umpteen threat by PQ, to put Quebecers as their own country.... not all the Quebec based teams were Canadian owned

I'm sorry, I'm affraid I don't understand this post.

Habs05

Mar 5, 2011
Brossard, Qc

ibeleaf98*

The taypayers duh!

You see, here in Quebec we have too much money, and no problems to spend it on.

Plus we really owe Mr. PK Pelideau a huge favour. He wanted to really gouge us with his cable monopoly, but we only let him sort of gouge us. So in return to make amends, we are giving him a no-bid contract on the arena naming rights and management. Vive le Quebec!!

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009

Ill bite its 400M not 600

200M from provincial govt

200M from city govt

NOT A DIME FROM THE FEDERAL GOVT

Using round numbers

Theres already 20M raised from seat licencing that will help reduced the city 200M and 60 days before getting the keys to the building Quebecor will pay 30M if theres no team or 60M if theres a team. That money will also be used to by the city to pay their share of the 200M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad