HF Habs: Quebec all time fantasy team vs the rest of the world.. KING OF THE RINK POLL

Is Quebec the King of fantasy hockey teams amongst the individual provinces and other countries?

• Total voters

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It is very close between Ontario and Quebec… I think I would give the edge to Lemieux and Qc because although that Ontario defense is crazy Brodeur in with that Qc team in front of him would basically be unbeatable…

Jul 6, 2016
My all time Quebec fantasy team:

Richard - Lemieux - Lafleur
Robitaille - Beliveau - Dionne
Turgeon - Bergeron - Bossy
St-Louis - Lecavalier - Richer

Bourque - Letang
Duchesne - DesJardins
Lapointe - Harvey

Roy
Brodeur

I tried to balance out the defence with left handed and right handed shots, Harvey is the exception, I did the same thing to build the offence but a case could definitely be made for some different players in there.

Keep in mind that every player is in his prime with todays training nutrition and equipment.

In my opinion this team is King vs any other province or country.

Can any other province or country beat this? If you think so, go ahead and build your fantasy team and let’s debate.

What’s YOUR opinion?
Where are Serge Savard and Pierre Pilote ? And Jacques Plante ???? And Ratelle or Rod Gilbert or Michel Goulet or Gilbert Perreault or Cournoyer and Lemaire ???

I don't think Lecavalier nor Richer deserve to be on that list. Same for Duchesne and Desjardins on D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...if we play the All-Time game and go on 70's rules (when there was just one main zebra on the ice and no instant replays or video reviews), Nova Scotia has Brad Marchand, who would sneakily cheap shot all your good players throughout the Season and rack up your IR...so it's us...:laugh:

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Where are Serge Savard and Pierre Pilote ? And Jacques Plante ???? And Ratelle or Rod Gilbert or Michel Goulet or Gilbert Perreault or Cournoyer and Lemaire ???

I don't think Lecavalier nor Richer deserve to be on that list. Same for Duchesne and Desjardins on D.
Build us your lineup! ;)

All players are in their prime seasons, so that’s…

Lecavalier: 52 goals, 56 assists, 108 points

Richer: 51 goals, 40 assists, 91 points

Not bad for a 4th line! Lol

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Dryden is a lot closer to the QC goalies than most would admit. If the NHL paid decently compared to a law degree at that time, maybe Dryden is still the goat NHL goalie.
Dryden.jpg

...he would quietly agree with you, amigo...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I don't feel like team Ontario or possibly a few other places have forwards as weak as Vinny or dmen as weak as Desjardins and Letang. Letang for example isn't even a top hundred dman of all time and likely falls close to the 10-15 range in his own generation. Ontario even has Dryden in net, who is statistically more dominant than Roy or Brodeur.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
I don't feel like team Ontario or possibly a few other places have forwards as weak as Vinny or dmen as weak as Desjardins and Letang. Letang for example isn't even a top hundred dman of all time and likely falls close to the 10-15 range in his own generation. Ontario even has Dryden in net, who is statistically more dominant than Roy or Brodeur.
Fantasy players are in their prime seasons, you’re getting Lecavalier with 52 goals 56 assists 108 points on a 4th line. If you don’t like Lecavalier in there build your own lineup and replace him, same thing for Letang or Desjardins ;)

Jul 6, 2016
Build us your lineup! ;)

All players are in their prime seasons, so that’s…

Lecavalier: 52 goals, 56 assists, 108 points

Richer: 51 goals, 40 assists, 91 points

Not bad for a 4th line! Lol
The other guys had more than one or two good seasons.

Dryden had the chance to have an all star cast playing in front of him.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I always heard Gilbert Perreault was at the same level than Guy Lafleur. Then, he needs to be on the top 6 without a doubt.
Having seen both play in person multiple times, I'd rate Perrault as the superior overall player. The Russians during the Summit Series simply called him the Great One. Leave it to the donkeys of Team Canada not to play him regularly. And if you are assembling a Team Quebec, you have to include Richard Martin, who for a six year period, was as dynamic a winger as there was in the world.

But to this observer, I have never seen as dynamic a player as McDavid. You put that player with the group of defenceman that Ontario can have on the ice at the same time, then just think about Makar and Mackinnon on steroids'.

Reactions: Hins77

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Dryden had the chance to have an all star cast playing in front of him.
Dryden in his book, The Game stated that when he start his career in 1970-71 he was better than the cast he played with and that by 1978-79 the cast he played with was better than him. An honest and, I believe, accurate assessment of Dryden's comparative talent level over the years. Put simply the Canadiens of the early 1970s could have not won in 1970/1971 and 1972/1973 with Bunny Larocque in nets. From 1975/1976 to 1978/1979 the Canadiens could have won with Buggs Bunny in nets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad