HF Habs: Quebec all time fantasy team vs the rest of the world.. KING OF THE RINK POLL

Is Quebec the King of fantasy hockey teams amongst the individual provinces and other countries?

• Total voters

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
My all time Quebec fantasy team:

Richard - Lemieux - Lafleur
Robitaille - Beliveau - Dionne
Turgeon - Bergeron - Bossy
St-Louis - Lecavalier - Richer

Bourque - Letang
Duchesne - DesJardins
Lapointe - Harvey

Roy
Brodeur

I tried to balance out the defence with left handed and right handed shots, Harvey is the exception, I did the same thing to build the offence but a case could definitely be made for some different players in there.

Keep in mind that every player is in his prime with todays training nutrition and equipment.

In my opinion this team is King vs any other province or country.

Can any other province or country beat this? If you think so, go ahead and build your fantasy team and let’s debate.

What’s YOUR opinion?

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Missing Doug Harvey, Serge Savard, Gary Galley among others on defense before the likes of Robidas. Don't care if they shoot left, they are far superior to Robidas. Heck Sylvain Coté is a right shot is better than robidas or if this is really for fantasy scoring then Brisebois.

As far as being unbeatable? Not likely.

Ontario alone has Gretzky, Coffey, Murphy, Potvin, Orr, , Francis, Phil Esposito, Thornton, Lindros, Oates, Gilmour, Hawerchuck, the Hull duo, Stamkos, Robinson, Mahovolich, Ken Dryden, Cujo, Tony Esposito, Sean Burke, Billy Smith, etc. etc.

Reactions: HabsQC

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Missing Doug Harvey, Serge Savard, Gary Galley among others on defense before the likes of Robidas. Don't care if they shoot left, they are far superior to Robidas. Heck Sylvain Coté is a right shot is better than robidas or if this is really for fantasy scoring then Brisebois.

As far as being unbeatable? Not likely.

Ontario alone has Gretzky, Coffey, Murphy, Potvin, Orr, Howe, Francis, Phil Esposito, Thornton, Lindros, Oates, Gilmour, Hawerchuck, the Hull duo, Stamkos, Robinson, Mahovolich, Ken Dryden, Cujo, Tony Esposito, Sean Burke, Billy Smith, etc. etc.
Ok very fair. Let’s see what team Ontario looks like to you, go ahead and build it for us, a balanced team with centers and wingers and defenders at their proper positions or according to what side they shoot if converted to wing from center

* You’re right I’m taking out Robidas and putting in Harvey, we should be able to do that within remaining realistic. We need a balance of right handed left handed

Last edited:

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I don't think they can match Team Ontario. The defencemen available to Ontario are just disgusting AND they get Gretzky, McDavid, Lindros, etc.

Bobby Hull - Gretzky - Lindros
Esposito - McDavid - Stamkos
Shanahan - Thornton - Hawerchuk
Mahovlich - Francis - Oates

Orr - Robinson
Pronger - Coffey
Stevens - Blake

Dryden
Esposito
Joseph

There's a ton of other forwards you could argue too, and you still have Doughty, Pietrangelo, Burns, Wilson, Park, Ramage, Campbell, Subban, etc. leftover from the defencemen. I left Brett Hull out because he represented USA internationally so don't think he counts.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Depends if we can get Denis Potvin or not. I know he's from Ottawa, but he was a French guy, so it's a gray area. He's crucial since he'd give us an unbeatable Big Three on defense with Harvey and Bourque.

If he had lived in Toronto despite being French, I wouldn't consider him since it's deep into Ontario. But Ottawa/Gatineau/Hull is such an hybrid place, I'm tempted to separate by language anyone from that greater area.

Last edited:
Reactions: DailyKaizen

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Depends if we can get Denis Potvin or not. I know he's from Ottawa, but he was a French guy, so it's a gray area and depends in what spirit the question is asked. He's crucial since he'd give us an unbeatable Big Three on defense with Harvey and Bourque.

If he had lived in Toronto despite being French, I wouldn't consider him. But Ottawa/Gatineau/Hull is such an hybrid place.
Don’t think there is much gray area when it come to the borders of each province, and I dont think being French makes him any less Ontarian than others.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Don’t think there is much gray area when it come to the borders of each province, and I dont think being French makes him any less Ontarian than others.

Depends in what spirit you take the question. If strictly from geography and borders, then OK.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
My team Quebec all time greats:

Bourque - Letang
Duchesne - DesJardins
Lapointe - Harvey

Roy
Brodeur

I tried to balance out the defence with left handed and right handed shots, Harvey is the exception, I did the same thing to build the offence but a case could definitely be made for some different players in there.

Keep in mind that every player is in his prime.

In my opinion this team is unbeatable vs any other province or country.

Can any other province or country beat this? If you think so, go ahead and build your fantasy team and let’s debate.

What’s YOUR opinion?
I don't know if he shoot right of left but Savard need to be there. And also Denis Savard in his prime.
But we have to add quebec born players that speak english.
It's too bad Gilbert Perreault isn't there and Yvan Cournoyer.
The #2 quebec team could be good too.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ok very fair. Let’s see what team Ontario looks like to you, go ahead and build it for us, a balanced team with centers and wingers and defenders at their proper positions or according to what side they shoot if converted to wing from center

* You’re right I’m taking out Robidas and putting in Harvey, we should be able to do that within remaining realistic. We need a balance of right handed left handed
Sure

in no particular order and with some players who played their careers on the opposite side of their natural shot and trying to create some balance and a more defensive line that can still score.

Bobby Hull Wayne Gretzky Brett Hull (this line alone scored 2,245 career NHL goals)
Frank Mahovlich Phil Esposito Mike Gartner
Alex Delvecchio Eric Lindros Dino Ciccarelli
Brendan Shannahan (RS) Doug Gilmour Steve Larmer (LS)

possible extras Gary Robert on the right, Rick Tocchet on the left and Ron Francis at center and many more NHL greats

Bobby Orr Brent Burns
Denis Potvin Rob Blake
Larry Robinson Larry Murphy

extra d: Paul Coffey or Dan Boyle for more offense, Chris Pronge or Scott Stevens for offense and hard hitting play.

Ken Dryden
Curtis Joseph

Tony Esposito
George Hainsworth

So pretty sure this team could easily give Quebec a run for it's money.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I don't know if he shoot right of left but Savard need to be there. And also Denis Savard in his prime.
But we have to add quebec born players that speak english.
It's too bad Gilbert Perreault isn't there and Yvan Cournoyer.
The #2 quebec team could be good too.
I always heard Gilbert Perreault was at the same level than Guy Lafleur. Then, he needs to be on the top 6 without a doubt.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Depends if we can get Denis Potvin or not. I know he's from Ottawa, but he was a French guy, so it's a gray area. He's crucial since he'd give us an unbeatable Big Three on defense with Harvey and Bourque.

If he had lived in Toronto despite being French, I wouldn't consider him since it's deep into Ontario. But Ottawa/Gatineau/Hull is such an hybrid place, I'm tempted to separate by language anyone from that greater area.
Potvin was born in Vanier, now part of Ottawa and spent his youth in Ottawa and Hull. He is ontarian by birth if you start saying ohh well this guy is french then quebec should get him...come on now.

I don't think they can match Team Ontario. The defencemen available to Ontario are just disgusting AND they get Gretzky, McDavid, Lindros, etc.

Bobby Hull - Gretzky - Lindros
Esposito - McDavid - Stamkos
Shanahan - Thornton - Hawerchuk
Mahovlich - Francis - Oates

Orr - Robinson
Pronger - Coffey
Stevens - Blake

Dryden
Esposito
Joseph

There's a ton of other forwards you could argue too, and you still have Doughty, Pietrangelo, Burns, Wilson, Park, Ramage, Campbell, Subban, etc. leftover from the defencemen. I left Brett Hull out because he represented USA internationally so don't think he counts.

For got about McDavid being from Ontario but using his rules you have all kinds of centers playing wing in that lineup etc.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
My attempt at Team Quebec (I only put players at a position they played in)

Bowman

Malone-Béliveau(C)-M.Richard
Moore-Lemieux-Lafleur
Goulet-H.Richard-Bossy
Robitaille-Dionne-Geoffrion
Spares: (Perreault, Bergeron, Cournoyer, Ratelle)

Bourque-Harvey
Cleghorn-Pilote
Lapointe-Savard
Spares: (Laperrière, Pronovost, Tremblay, Bouchard)

Roy
Plante
Spare: (Brodeur, Vézina)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

If you are going to play semantics than Yzerman should be with Ontario. He was born in BC but grew up and played most of his minor hockey in ottawa and has an arena here in Nepean, where he lived and played, named after him.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If you are going to play semantics than Yzerman should be with Ontario. He was born in BC but grew up and played most of his minor hockey in ottawa and has an arena here in Nepean, where he lived and played, named after him.

I agree, if he grew up there, he should go with them.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

Bowman

Moore-Lemieux-Lafleur
Goulet-H.Richard-Bossy

Bourque-Harvey
Cleghorn-Pilote
Lapointe-Savard

Roy
Plante

Though I favored the most accomplished players, in reality I would scratch that 4th line completely and bring more defensively-minded forwards, like center Bergeron/Carbo, RWer Claude Provost, and some physical LWer I can't think about right now.

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Bowman

Moore-Lemieux-Lafleur
Goulet-H.Richard-Bossy

Bourque-Harvey
Cleghorn-Pilote
Lapointe-Savard

Roy
Plante
Donj't forget Luongo on the nets

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
How many goalies can a team have? I already have 4 now. Love Luongo but he doesn't have the pedigree to overtake Roy, Plante, Brodeur and Vézina. I would pick Bernie Parent and maybe Rogie Vachon over him too.
I think Qc team is superior to Ontario in the nets. I love Dryden but nobody beats Brodeur, except maybe Hasek.
The tcheck country and the slovakian country would have a great team too.
But a country with Super Mario, Lafleur and Brodeur is the best.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I think Qc team is superior to Ontario in the nets. I love Dryden but nobody beats Brodeur, except maybe Hasek.
The tcheck country and the slovakian country would have a great team too.
But a country with Super Mario, Lafleur and Brodeur is the best.

Goaltending is Ontario's only "weakness" at this level of competition. They have Ken Dryden, Clint Benedict and Turk Broda (or Bill Durnan or whoever else you think is best among the myriad of similar value goalies). Dryden is clear #1 for them. Very good, but not comparable to Patrick Roy, Jacques Plante and Martin Brodeur. Unfortunately, you can only play one goalie at a time, so our advantage is limited to our #1 vs. Dryden.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Goaltending is Ontario's only "weakness" at this level of competition. They have Ken Dryden, Clint Benedict and Turk Broda (or Bill Durnan or whoever else you think is best among the myriad of similar value goalies). Dryden is clear #1 for them. Very good, but not comparable to Patrick Roy, Jacques Plante and Martin Brodeur. Unfortunately, you can only play one goalie at a time, so our advantage is limited to our #1 vs. Dryden.
Forwards: advantage Quebec

Defence: advantage Ontario

Goaltending: advantage Quebec

Quebec also has the all time best coaching staff

Head coach: Bowman

Assistant coach: Burns

Assistant coach: Lemaire

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
My all time Quebec fantasy team:

Bourque - Letang
Duchesne - DesJardins
Lapointe - Harvey

Roy
Brodeur

Keep in mind that every player is in his prime with todays training nutrition and equipment.

In my opinion this team is King vs any other province or country.

What’s YOUR opinion?
Gil Perrault definitely be in there for me. I thought he was one of most exciting players ever

Tony O be one of their goalies

boboche

Oct 11, 2017
Los Altos, CA
At some point in the 90s, you could argue that Québec had the best forward/defenseman/goalie. (Lemieux, Bourque, Roy). I'm not sure I will see that again.

Reactions: Toene

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3