GDT: Quarterfinal: Germany vs. Switzerland

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Yes congrats, well deserved win! We had enough time, chances, PP to react but simply weren't able to play some good hockey.

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
Bla bla bla switzerland are heavy favorites bla bla a german win would be a big surprise. Told you that it is an even game

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Loven it when the swiss lose. Such an arrogant bunch with absolutely nothing to back that up. Whether its the CHL or WC.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I don't want criticize Fischer here, but it seems that Switzerland needs a special mental coach, who can prepare the team for the quarterfinals. It's again and again the same. They play at the preliminary games when it doesn't count yet well to very well like world champions. But in the quarterfinal game when it counts all the glance of the preliminary games is like blown away. The performance is simply worse than in the games before.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Did not watch, but result has me surprised. For my fellow Slovaks calling it karma, chill guys, don't be pathetic. :) If anything, this another Swiss loss is hinting at Slovakia having to play olympic qualification again, is that our karma? Anyway, congrats Germany, what turnaround from the slow start in the tournament.
I'll be super pissed if Russia gets an automatic Olympic spot and we have to play the qualification. Why the f*** is their ranking frozen? They should be getting zero points for every year they miss and not a virtual bronze medal.

Reactions: Old Man Jags

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'll be super pissed if Russia gets an automatic Olympic spot and we have to play the qualification. Why the f*** is their ranking frozen? They should be getting zero points for every year they miss and not a virtual bronze medal.
Because they aren't losing, they're just not eligible, locking their ranking makes the most sense.

Reactions: Lauro

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I beg to differ. They are expelled as a punishment. They should not be getting free points.
The system isn't designed just to artificially inflate a mediocre Slovak program... It's a measure of hockey strength.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
The system isn't designed just to artificially inflate a mediocre Slovak program... It's a measure of hockey strength.
when Czechoslovakia broke up, Slovakia was given no favors. We were relegated to pool C (or Division IB in today's lingo) and we had to spend 2 years getting back where we belonged (in all age categories). And we didn't even have to invade another country to get that kind of treatment.

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
I'd say the main point to these rankings is for seeding. And I agree that they shouldn't get virtual points for not attending. I see how you don't want to relegate them year for year for practical reasons (although personally I wouldn't be against this as well), but that's the most that I personally can follow that logic.

Now, back on topic:, really glad for our boys, I hope, they can play up to their their best in the semis.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Not true.. I said it before you in the same thread.lol
Yes, it was kind of expectable. We do remember Prague 2004. The nightmare QF game vs. the US team. Jágr and co. were looking invincible in the group stage, then the QF game came. The dame like the Swiss this year.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes, it was kind of expectable. We do remember Prague 2004. The nightmare QF game vs. the US team. Jágr and co. were looking invincible in the group stage, then the QF game came. The dame like the Swiss this year.
Roach! The nightmare lives on.lol

I actually like the looks of the German team and could see them giving the US a good game... of course, the US will be very rested after not having to play a real quarterfinal this year.. more like a scrimmage match.lol

I thought the Swiss were awesome but wasn't surprised they lost. My guess is coaching or just a mental thing. No idea. Nice looking squad.

Nico13

Nov 29, 2021
Switzerland
Swiss teams don't know how to win elimination games being favourite. Not only in hockey, the exact same thing happens in soccer.

The only win the soccer NT had in his history in an elimination game was against France in 2021 Euro.

Defeat againt Ukraine in 2006 WC.
Defeat against Poland in 2016 Euro.
Defeat against Sweden in 2018 WC.
Of course, they manage to go to OT against Argentina in 2014 WC...

In Hockey we have that:

2013: wins against Czech and USA before losing against Sweden in the final.
2018: wins against Canada and Finland before losing in OT against Sweden in the final.

2019 we lost in quarters against Canada in OT. Canadians tied the game with one second left.

2010: defeat against Germany
2021: defeat against Germany
2022: defeat against a very poor USA team (Swiss were even favourite)

OG

2014: defeat against Latvia
2018: defeat against Germany

They are just losers who can't support a little pressure in elimination games. They only feel good playing against good teams because they have nothing to lose.

Reactions: SwissLeaf

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Worse result for sure, but Swiss hockey wasn't too strong in that era.

Ottawa wouldn't let Stutzle go. Draisaitl is likely tired with his team going deeper into the postseason and getting hacked and whacked a bunch.
Would be fun if germany could play all their NHL players maybe could winn it all then

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Would be fun if germany could play all their NHL players maybe could winn it all then

It's weird but I feel like that, on a best on best, we could upset anyone.

We seem so much better as an underdog. When we are favorite, it seems that we loose our soul. Very weird feeling, but that's the way it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad