swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Here we go!

Team News SUI:
Mayer gets the start, Malgin is out due to illness

Screenshot 2023-05-25 142321.png

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Did Fischer throw Malgin after the foul against the Czech Republic? I don't believe in illness, it's more of a game for the media so that Fischer doesn't look bad, right?

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Did Fischer throw Malgin after the foul against the Czech Republic? I don't believe in illness, it's more of a game for the media so that Fischer doesn't look bad, right?
He sat him in that game, that's enough. Been a lot of other dumb fouls since and Malgin is a huge impulse for the offense. Would be stupid to sit him in such a huge game.
Nino has been sick too the last few days so no surprise.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Feels like one of those regular games when we play Germany in an elimination game. We seem to not be able to go full throttle, just in our heads really.

We will see. Could be just an unlucky start or the beginning of the end. The big Guns need to step up now big time though.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
We will see. Could be just an unlucky start or the beginning of the end. The big Guns need to step up now big time though.
Well it definitely is an unlucky start, but compared to the other 7 games we can't really get much going on offense. That is often the case against Germany. But yes, still so much hockey left, I just suffer from PTSD against them...

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Well it definitely is an unlucky start, but compared to the other 7 games we can't really get much going on offense. That is often the case against Germany. But yes, still so much hockey left, I just suffer from PTSD against them...
There really seems to be a switch that regularly gets turned in the players heads come knockout stage. They were so confident in the round robin. Now they seem really nervous. I really wish we had Scherwey on the roster right now. He is one of the few NT players that can thrive when the pressure is on and wake up his teammates with a big hit or a comparable play.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Only Fischer knows...
Mayer has outstanding numbers as well and it is not like Genoni stole us any games in the quarters in the last few years. I would have started with Genoni as well but it is not an outrageous decision to have given Mayer the start. Noone in this thread questioned the decision before the game started, calling it out now is quite weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad