GDT: Quarterfinal: Canada-Finland

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
It doesn't matter which league it is or tournement the name of the game is and will always be GOALTENDING!!! You can't win any championship if you have inconsistent goaltenders.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Had to watch the game delayed as work is insanely busy right now.

Solid win for Canada. Was kind of surprised to see the pregame arrogance from some of the Finnish posters. Generally Finns are overly modest and want to be the underdog.

Quite a bit different when you’re no longer the lovable underdog but instead the hunted eh?

Canadian heart and soul takes it again.

Gold Canada Gold!!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Had to watch the game delayed as work is insanely busy right now.

Solid win for Canada. Was kind of surprised to see the pregame arrogance from some of the Finnish posters. Generally Finns are overly modest and want to be the underdog.

Quite a bit different when you’re no longer the lovable underdog but instead the hunted eh?

Canadian heart and soul takes it again.

Gold Canada Gold!!
The banter between the two fan bases was actually really good this game, i suppose nothing controversial happening helped but still, it was a good day for fan fun from both sides.

It's usually just 3-4 guys from each fan base that gets things raunchy anyway but I think some good, common ground has been reached this tournament.

After all, there is always another day win or lose, main thing is to try to enjoy the games.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
By knocking out Finland, if Canada gets any kind of medal in the remaining games, they clinch the number 1 ranking in the world (they were second to Finland headed into this tournament, after Finland took gold in last years World Cup and last year's Olympics)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad